Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

DHCP Server, DHCP List and Binding, Mac-Binding and Assigning Static IP to Device

Contributor

DHCP Server, DHCP List and Binding, Mac-Binding and Assigning Static IP to Device

I would like to set up a DHCP Server and define a range for certain devices that I intend to connect remotely.

Also, I would like to assign a static IP to certain devices (is "Assign IP" the same as "Reserve IP" in the Comcast-router speak, because there is nothing that says "Assign IP" within the Comcast router's configuration page).

Using the older router that I have (not from Comcast), there used to be a configuration page that says "DHCP Server" in which I could set a range of IP with start and end address.

With the older router (again, it was not from Comcast), there were pages/tabs that were "DHCP List and Binding" and "Mac-Binding" where I could assign IP to the device and binding MAC addresses.

Does anyone know what these pages correspond to the ones in the Comcast modem/router?

I looked around within the configuration page for serveral hours; I could not see any pages that corresponded to the ones I mentioned above. 

Contributor

Re: DHCP Server, DHCP List and Binding, Mac-Binding and Assigning Static IP to Device

"Reserve IP" in the gateway is them same as assigning IPs to be static.

There is a page in the gateway settings that allow you to set the IP range, I can't remember what the link was on the left side there.  It's been about a month since I last checked.