Community Forum

Correctables and Uncorretables

New Poster

Correctables and Uncorretables

Recently moved and transferred over my 150/10 service. I started out with some weird power numbers, so I looked outside and removed some uncapped splitters as I only need one connection. This seems to have dialed in my power a bit.

Internet for the most part seems fine, but I have noticed an usually high number of correctables and uncorrectables. I spoke to technical support when doing the transfer and they said they showed no issues. Is this something I should worry about?

Also, only 3 out of the 4 upstreams are locked? I believe it was like this at my old place and brought over the same modem. Is the upstream power too low?

Untitled.jpg

Expert

Re: Correctables and Uncorretables

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it likely needs to be approved by a Forum Admin.

You could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to it here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Posting the actual link seems to be the only way

https://ibb.co/L0bKK6S

Expert

The correctables are not a problem. The uncorrectables are not really numerous on those few channels depending on the total uptime of the modem since the last reboot. The majority of the channels are clear. The stats are o/k / in spec.

Some local systems still offer only 3 upstream channels.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I believe the modem had an uptime of 1-2 hours when I took this screenshot.

The coax wires are run outside the house under the eaves of the roof. ATT's DSL wires run parallel and touch the coax along the run. Could this cause noise/interference? Should I cut the wires coming from the ATT box as I don't use any of their services?

Frequent Visitor

Here’s 24 hours after modem reset. Uncorretables much higher. Is this within spec? If not, what should I do?

https://ibb.co/PNHQzkJ
Expert

The stats are in spec as stated earlier but there are indeed a good amount of errors. But if it's not causing any problems that you notice, and the service is performing as expected, then there is nothing to sweat about. If you are concerned about it then you may want to have a tech out to investigate further.

Frequent Visitor

Ok now my modem has disconnected twice and required a manual restart. Error message as follows. What wording would I use to get someone to come out? They keep saying everything is fine on their end or it’s my modem.

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing;;CM-MAC=3c:37:86:37:b1:28;CMTS-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0;
Expert

The signal stats are o/k but the error log entries and the bit errors indicate that something is going on. Perhaps there is noise ingress into the line(s) somewhere.

There are other signal stat figures that can't be read by the modem. They are the "Upstream Rx Power" (Upstream Receive Power Level), the "Upstream SNR Ch." (Upstream Signal To Noise Ratio), and the "Upstream ICFR" (In Channel Frequency Response). These are as equally important in diagnosing connectivity issues as are the modem's stats.

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. They will be able to poll the CMTS to see whether or not everything is in the green zone, see your node / cable plant and modem health, and also see a history plot for the modem. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

Official Employee

Hey there, Mr_Skunkz! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I'm sorry to hear about the internet issues you're running into, and I would love to help. To take a further look at this together, please send me a PM with your first and last name. Thanks! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.