Community Forum

Cor Thermostat

New Poster

Cor Thermostat

Hi - I have a Cor Thermostat and a xFi Gateway, with 3 xFi Pods. The internet connection in my house is great throughout, but the Cor Thermostats keep dropping the wifi network (usually once every 2 weeks). Any advice on how to fix that? Do I need to take the network off "autoscan" for the channels and select a specific 2.4 ghz channel?

Thanks very much 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Cor Thermostat

@Benhittman wrote:

Hi - I have a Cor Thermostat and a xFi Gateway, with 3 xFi Pods. The internet connection in my house is great throughout, but the Cor Thermostats keep dropping the wifi network (usually once every 2 weeks). Any advice on how to fix that? Do I need to take the network off "autoscan" for the channels and select a specific 2.4 ghz channel?

Thanks very much 

You shouldn't have to do anything other than use the SSID/password which is a combination.  The pods are supposed to select the correct band.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Greetings, Benhittman! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear the thermostat keeps loosing connection. That's certainly frustrating when you're trying to make sure the temperature in your house can be controlled remotely. Have you by chance check to see if this thermostat has a firmware upgrade?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi - I am not quite sure how to check. Do you know? I can also check with Carrier too. Assuming it has the latest firmware, what would be the next steps? 

Official Employee

Hey, Benhittman. I'm not fully sure on how to check, however, it looks like this is something you might check through the smartphone app based on the following link: https://www.utcccs-cdn.com/hvac/docs/1010/Public/07/QSCOR7C-02.pdf. Has this thermostat ever had a solid connection where it didn't disconnect?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, Benhittman. We have not heard back from you and hope you were able to get the issue resolved. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.