Community Forum

Constantly loosing internet connection

Regular Visitor

Constantly loosing internet connection

I have been having connection issues for months. My newest surfboard is a Arris SVG2482AC. I bought this to replace my Linksys when multiple techs told me online that was the issue. It wasn't. I finally had a tech out yesterday that replaced the line from the pole to my house. He said I had water in it. The filter, splitter and lines inside have been replaced as well. A few hours after the tech left I lost my internet connection again and have lost it repeatedly since then. All wired and wireless devices will loose connection. Speed is no longer an issue and it's the best its ever been. I am just loosing my connection multiple times a day and sometimes for long periods of time. I have had an online tech do what they could to send signals and reset from their end, but I am still having issues. The only thing I can see is the power for my upstream does not fall where Arris says it should. They are saying it should be between 45 to 51 dBmV and as you can see from the screenshots I am not. I have power cycled and reset the modem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I work from home and this has become a huge problem.
Arris 01.PNG
Arris 02.PNG
Expert

Re: Constantly loosing internet connection

Hi @Sway370

Your power levels look fine, including your upstream levels. Can you post your error/event log, please?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

This is all that there is. I reset it earlier today after I got off chat with tech support.
Arris 03.PNG
Expert

Since you've already had a tech out...

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

If I was your tech I'd suspect that there is/was water in the tap at the pole since you had water in your drop (line to your house). Most likely they will have to send another tech to address this.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Thank you for your help! They also told me that there was water in the filter.
Official Employee

Hi Sway370. We apologize for your ongoing internet issues. I can assist with further troubleshooting, and if needed, scheduling another tech visit. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.