Community Forum

Constant disconnects

New Poster

Constant disconnects

Originally got the comcast a year or so ago,  constant dropping of internet. Tech came out, said oh, Apple equipment, their wifi's the best... retightened some cables and that was all he could do. They gave me a new router after problem continued - same deal constant drops....very frustrating, constant manual lease renewal, resets of the router/gateway, static IP addresses,  to no avail.  

I wanted to change the password last week and got a message I need to upgrade. I  upgraded, got the new gateway, installed it....

it worked GREAT for an hour two days ago, the way it's probably supposed to always work.

Now again - constant drops. Its not the gateway/router the internal network shows  that everything is connected - the problem is the internet to the router just drops, goes away. My devices show they're connected and playing nice with the router/gateway - but there's no internet.

what. the. heck. 

I don't know what to do next.  

Expert

Re: Constant disconnects

For a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!