Community Forum

Constant disconnects from internet

Frequent Visitor

Constant disconnects from internet

I have been having issues with comcast inernet for quite some time now and calling is no help what so ever. Last night I called about it and they would only say they could send a tech out to check everything which I declined as I will explain in a minute. So after we couldn't get it resolved some "manager" called back to talk about it but he only put me on hold for 45 minutes after that I hung up the phone seeing as how they weren't going to be of any help either. I get exactly 10 minute internet drop outs all the time. I have been writing them all down each time I am home and online to notice them. Within the past 6 months I have had 50 or more 10 minute drop outs of my internet and seeing as I am a streamer and make money off the internet this is a big deal to me as dropping internet means people stop coming in.

Now to the tech part, I had this issue before and called and even setup 3 seperate tech visits since they couldn't fix the problem. Each tech came by clipped all the wire ends and replaced the ends and even the splitter that is for tv/internet in the attic. They changed every wire end and some kind of signal sorter thing on the side of the house all the way out to the box in the yard. They found a issue in the lines and sent a maintenance person out to fix something apparently wrong with the lines in my area. Each visit even from the maintenance guy cost us $60. That is $240 extra on our bill to not have the problem fixed at all. Here lately it has gotten even worse than before with about 6-8 drop outs per day. I have even went as far as getting rid of the modem we owned and got one from comcast hoping that would fix the issue, but it has not. It seems with all the money we pay them there is no remedy for my internet situation. Is there anything else I can do to maybe fix this issue as it is costing us more money than it is worth now since it is directly affecting my income.

Expert

Re: Constant disconnects from internet

Since you've already had multiple tech visits, I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi, aeby13. Thank you for posting. I will definitely see what I can do for you, as I understand the urgency and need for having a stable connection. Generally speaking, we typically only charge for a service call when the source of the problem is not Comcast related, so I will look into the fees that you mentioned. There should be zero cost for a maintenance visit, so something isn't right there as well. In order to get a better understanding of everything and to work toward a solution with you. Please send me a PM with your name and I will take a look at everything on this end and we can continue from there. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

We accomplished several aspects on your account over the past couple of months and I'm so glad that we've reached a full solution. Thank you for confirming everything has been taken care of, I appreciate all of your time. Have a good one and be sure to let us know if you need additional support with your account down the road. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.