Community Forum

Constant Internet Disconnects

Regular Visitor

Constant Internet Disconnects

Hello,

I have an issue that has been ongoing since April and I have talked to comcast over and over with no complete resolution. Basically, in April I started losing internet for hours at a time, where it would disconnect and reconnect rapidly over and over, and then suddenly start working again for a few hours only to repeat the process again.  I started out with a Motorola MB8600 modem with a Netgear R6250 router. The modem reported regular MDD errors and timeouts. After many, many instances of comcast techs resetting the modem or me factory resetting, they came out and did not find the cause. After escalating a a tier 2 technician, the technicial replaced all the connectors to the lines. This reduced but did not eliminate the problem, so I went and bought a new modem (a TC-w7960 combo modem router)to see if there was any difference. There was not, the brand new modem now also reports T3, T4 and MDD errors regularly too.

I am still getting randomly disconnected a minimum of 5 times a day, it's probably more, this is just when I notice it. Since the tier 2 tech came out, the length of the time it's unstable have shortened, so the internet is no longer completely unusable for long stretches, but it's still plainly unacceptable. I have also factory reset the new modem several times with zero results, this is clearly not a modem issue. I have reported this to comcast reps several times and the bottom line is the problem is not resolved.

I also checked with my neighbors and they said they are also experiencing the same issue. I really don't know what to do at this point. Is there any way to determine which line is causing the problem?

Regular Visitor

Re: Constant Internet Disconnects

Additional Information:

8 Downstream Channels, power is 4.7 dmbv for one, 4.8 for another, and 4.9 for the rest. SNR is currently between 38.9 to 39.4 db for all of them

4 Upstream Channels, power 47.3, 46.3, 47, and 47.5 dBmV respectively

Regular Visitor

Were they able to give an idea of the cause?

Expert

Please post the modem's error log entries as well.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!