Community Forum

Consistently Below Advertised Speeds

Regular Visitor

Consistently Below Advertised Speeds

Hello,

I recently moved and, unlike the old location (very consistent service) I've seen extreme performance dips at my new address. According to a few of the neighbors, and our landlord, this is a consistent demand problem in my area. It was suggested that if I try to draw some attention to the issue, Comcast could possibly improve performance by increasing the available infrastructure bandwidth in my area with additional hardware.

In any case, I'm paying for 150 Mb/s down, which I do sometimes get. More regularly during peak times though of after work and the weekend I am seeing (as reported on several speed tests going back 3 weeks) speeds of 25.8 Mb/s, 25.0, 15.0, 3.88, and 7.83 Mb/s. I'm not very inclined to continue paying for 150 down when I could easily pay 100 down and still not be getting full service. If there is a better way to reach out due to the location specific nature of this issue, please let me know.

As a preface, yes I have tested wired vs wireless, rebooted the router, modem, etc. The technician who hooked up the hardware at my new location indicated I had excellent signal, and that my DOCSIS 3 modem was no issue, just like it was before I moved.

Thank you very much for any insight.

Official Employee

Re: Consistently Below Advertised Speeds

Hi AdamFl, thank you for reaching out here and I can help troubleshoot this further on my side.  Please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi AdamFl, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi AdamFl,  I haven't heard from you but please reach back out if you still need assistance.

Thank you