Community Forum

Consistent 'DNS server not responding' errors

New Poster

Consistent 'DNS server not responding' errors

At first I tried all the usuall reset commands using IPCONFIG and NETSH in the command promt. Have even tried using the OPENDNS server address and the Google server address and nothing resolved the problem. 

Called Comcast and the first technician replaced the cable from the pole to the house, problem appeared to go away for that evening, next morning the problem reoccured once more.  After multiple phone calls with Comcast and second technician coming to the house the problem is still not resolved. The second technician was able to find a Comcast job number and the work asssociated specifically effected this home and multiple others. 

Why can't Comcast first level support see that Comcast is doing work in my area and make reference to that. The solution to everything seems to be to restart the modem/router which at best is only a temporary solution. 

What do I do next to get this resolved?  

Official Employee

Re: Consistent 'DNS server not responding' errors

Hi JoeCool1, thank you for taking the time to reach out here on our community forums in regards to your internet issue.  I know how frustrating it can be when your internet stops working properly.  If you still need assistance, I would like to review this further.  Please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Consistent 'DNS server not responding' errors

Hi JoeCool1, I haven't heard from you but please reach back out  if you need assistance in the future.  We are here to help!

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!