Community Forum

Connectivity

Frequent Visitor

Connectivity

I have been having alot of problems with my modem/router lately. I've had to reset it numerous times because of no wifi or lan connections even thought the 2.4 and 5 Ghz lights are blinking showing "activity".  I've tried all the numerous checks to try and correct the problem to no avail. Is it time to try an exchange of the modem for another one at the local Xfinity store? Do I need an authorization to do the exchange or can I just make an appointment and go?

Expert

Re: Connectivity

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/1253575#M94474

Post the requested info from here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Information-Requested-for-Connection-Related-Posts/m...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

The screen captures requested in your reply, should they be recorded when the problem comes back or during normal operations? Or, should I just exchange the Arris 1682g modem for another at the Xfinity store and see if that corrects the problem?

Expert

@billscast wrote:

The screen captures requested in your reply, should they be recorded when the problem comes back or during normal operations?

Both would be helpful so that they can be compared.

Or, should I just exchange the Arris 1682g modem for another at the Xfinity store and see if that corrects the problem?

That can't hurt but there may not be anything wrong with it. It may be a problem with the line / signals / connection quality.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Here are the screenshots showing modem under NORMAL operation and under PROBLEM operation:

NORM DOWN1.JPG
NORM DOWN2.JPG
NORM DOWN3.JPG
NORM DOWN4.JPG
NORM DOWN5.JPG
NORM UP1.JPG
PROBLEM DOWN1.JPG
PROBLEM DOWN2.JPG
PROBLEM DOWN3.JPG
PROBLEM DOWN4.JPG
PROBLEM DOWN5.JPG
PROBLEM UP1.JPG
Expert

O/k that is all well within spec but something way intermittent can still be going on.

Frequent Visitor

So should I exchange the modem and see if the problem goes away or if it doesn't then the problem could be in the outside service. Or is that too simplistic of a conclusion?

Expert

Can't hurt. Good luck !

Frequent Visitor

OK so back to my original post:

"Do I need an authorization to do the exchange or can I just make an appointment and go?"

Expert

No appointment needed. Just bring it to your local CC store.

Official Employee

OK so back to my original post:

"Do I need an authorization to do the exchange or can I just make an appointment and go?"

billscast, yep no appointment needed. Or I can send you one via UPS. 

Additionally, I'd be happy to make sure there aren't issues outside your home contributing to the intermittent connectivity. Just send me your full name in private message for help. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.