Community Forum

Connectivity issues

Frequent Visitor

Connectivity issues

Hi forums! I have been having a lot of connectivity issues, internet dropping off,  it has been about a year of these madness, and hope somebody can help me.

I was reading some questions in the forum and found the situation described by Jasonde on 7/1/2019,is very similar if not the same to mine. My modem is aNetgear CM1000- 1AZNAS,there has been two Xfinity techs, plus three Hello techs to my house and the problem persists. The las Hello tech told me that he believes the problem is the modem. He reprovisoned the modem, worked for about two weeks and went back to the previous issue. I gave up on the issue, but found new hope when I read Jasonde question and reply, hope someone can help me also. ( I have the 400 maps tier ) Many thanks.

Expert

Re: Connectivity issues

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/1253575#M94474

Post the requested info from here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Information-Requested-for-Connection-Related-Posts/m...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi, brenam77! Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please post the information that EG requested? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Hi! I just wanted to thank you for your response and all the information supplied. Among all 6 techs that have been to my house in the past, if not all, I would say 99% of the suggestions you posted have been accomplished, and the modem keeps doing its own thing. I have the FINGBOX, I don't know if you are familiar with it, but it monitors my home network, and keeps reporting devices as being online/offline/in range. Also, I saw a video that I don't seem to find, the guy mentions a list of devices that are/are not compatible with Xfinity, mine (Netgear CM1000 1AZNAS), is on the list as not compatible.

I guess, my solution is to purchase another one, thinking about the ARRIS SB8200, but I read is being discontinued, any thoughts?

Thanks, again

Expert

O/k but you haven't posted any of the signal stat info requested in that second link.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Hi! I thank you for your reply. At the moment I can't upload the modem logs but as soon as I get home, will try to do it.

Also, I found out that my modem is not compatible with Xfinity service, even though is listed as compatible. I saw this on a video in the forum, that I have not been able to find. I thank you in advance for your help.

Frequent Visitor

Yes indeed! I am out of town at the moment and will do it in a couple of weeks. But, I don't know how!

How can I post the modem logs and stats? should I take a pic of the computer screen and somehow upload it? Is there a better way to do it from the modem website?

I thank you for your input and help!

Expert

That's no longer true. The compatibility issue with the Amazon sold model (1AZNAS) of the CM1000 has been resolved with a firmware update;

https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/device/netgear-cm1000-1aznas-680

Frequent Visitor

Thanks a lot for your reply, I will try it as soon as I get back home! Appreciate your help very much!
Frequent Visitor

Hi again EG! I checked the link you provided me but didn't find a link to download the firmware update, has Xfinity done that already? Thanks
Expert

A customer can't do that manually. The firmware is automatically kept up to date by the Comcast system.

Expert

@brenam77 wrote:

How can I post the modem logs and stats? should I take a pic of the computer screen and somehow upload it? Is there a better way to do it from the modem website?

I thank you for your input and help!

It tells you what we are looking for and to post a screenshot of it in that second link I gave you.

Frequent Visitor

Ok, thanks, so if Comcast is in charge of upgrading, then, mine hasn't received the upgrade, apologies if this is taking so long!
Expert

@brenam77 wrote:
then, mine hasn't received the upgrade, apologies if this is taking so long!

You can't know that for sure unless you've compared the old and the new firmware load's version numbers ?

Frequent Visitor

Thanks again, I will do it once I get home, and the video mentioned before was by nerdburg, thanks!
Official Employee

@brenam77 - Did you get a chance to check the video? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Hi! the one that I mentioned before? Yes, it was posted by nerdburg, I think. He mentions that my modem was not supported, but, Ed, said there was a fix via an update, I will check the version my modem has when I get home Thursday, and will try to upload the logs, which should be pretty long! Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

My mistake! It was EG, not Ed!

Official Employee

@brenam77 - Please keep us updated. Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

yes indeed! I am going to try to upload modem logs now. Thanks 

Frequent Visitor

Hi EG! The uploaded pictures of my modem's logs follow for your inspection.

Modem info:

Netgear CM1000-1AZNAS

Hardware ver: 2.02

FW ver:     3.01.06

I noticed that on the downstream bonded channels, the last one:32 is not locked, and on the upstream ones there are 4 locked out of 8. I would appreciate your reply, hope the pics are good enough, if not let me know how to do better. Also, if there is nothing to be done with this modem, I am thinking of the Arris surfboard SB8200, any thoughts? Thanks again.

IMG_20190718_165059526.jpg
IMG_20190718_165116984.jpg
IMG_20190718_165139397.jpg
IMG_20190718_170214973.jpg
IMG_20190718_170245550.jpg
Frequent Visitor

I just posted the logs, if you would like to take a look, one of the pics is not to clear, but the pic the follows helps, appreciate your time and comments!

IMG_20190718_165059526.jpgIMG_20190718_165116984.jpgIMG_20190718_165139397.jpgIMG_20190718_170214973.jpgIMG_20190718_170245550.jpg

Expert

The signal stats looked o/k at that snapshot in time. The error log entries, not so much...

The last downstream channel is a DOCSIS 3.1 / OFDM channel that they do not yet provide, therefore there is no lock. And they only provide 3 or 4 upstream channels even though the modem can do 8.

Frequent Visitor

So, why the modem keeps dropping the connection? Is it fixable or should I get the SB8200? Thanks 

Official Employee

Hello @brenam77, thanks for getting those signals over to us, very much appreciated! I would like to assist you and take a further look into this on my end and then we can go from there. Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message. 

Official Employee

@brenam77, I never received a private message from you or heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please be sure to send me a PM if you still need assistance with this connection concern. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast.