Community Forum

Connectivity issues multiple times per day.

New Poster

Connectivity issues multiple times per day.

My modem is disconnecting a couple times everyday and I'm not sure of the cause.  Any advice?

Modem Status.jpg

Event Log.jpg

Expert

Re: Connectivity issues multiple times per day.

It seems your pictures were not approved. Can you try to reupload them?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Do these work?  What do I need to get them approved?
Modem Status.jpg

Expert

They still do not show up correctly. No worries, I'll reach out to a forum admin to get them approved.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

Just an FYI. You can host your pics at one of those free third party hosting sites and then post links to them here.

New Poster

Link to Status/Event Log

Do those work?

Expert

Yes, they are visible. One of your upstreams is border line and all of downstream power levels are too low. Are there any splitters or attenuators on the line?

New Poster

I believe there is only one splitter on the line.

Full Details on my wiring:

When I moved it to this house 2 years ago Comcast dropped a new line from the pole and connected it to me via an existing underground line.  My neighbor's landscaping crew later cut that line and it had to be replaced about a year ago.  So I should essentially have a new line from the pole to my house.  Once inside the house it hits a splitter that is connected to a coaxial cable that is wired in my walls.  The house was built in 1998 so the coax in the walls could be as old as that.  I don't believe it hits any splitters from there to the modem.

Expert

Hmm. Would you happen to have a coaxial wall plate before the modem or is the line literally direct to the splitter? The splitter might have gone bad but I don’t think a bad splitter would make the levels go that bad.

New Poster

There isn't a wall plate before the splitter but there is a wall plate after the splitter.

So it goes: Pole -> Splitter -> Wall Plate -> Modem

None of the cables are more than two years old except between the splitter and the wall plate.

Expert

In that case I think you are going to need a technician visit to correct your signals.