Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Connection drop and unusual modem light activity

Highlighted
New Poster

Connection drop and unusual modem light activity

I would like to know how I can be paying $60/month for cable internet that suddenly drops unexpectedly at night or at all. I usually unplug the modem anyway before I go to bed, but last night I lost my internet connection and could not get the modem to reset after multiple restarts. I had unusual blinking lights going on with the modem. Could not get online to complain either obviously. Dual-band 802 wifi. Downgraded to 25/mbps a few months ago. Never had that problem before, going on almost 2 yrs with this location and equipment. Now this morning it works again with no problem. I don't want a tech to come out and charge me $50+ again, just want to make you aware that something weird is going on with my service.    

Connection Expert

Re: Connection drop and unusual modem light activity

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation