Community Forum

Connection Issues

New Poster

Connection Issues

So, I've been having connection issues with my wifi for the past two months. It starts with me being connected but nothing loading, then I disconnect and when I try to reconnect it simply either doesn't let me (Doesn't sign me in or sometimes disappears from the Wifi list all together, even when I can see all the lights on the router are on) or it tells me authentification error. Almost always end up having restart or unplug my router in order for it to finally work again. Today, I had to reset my router twice. I have the "Up to 400MBPS" which says it should handle 9+ power users and yet sometimes I struggle with my connection when only two of us use it, then did a SpeedTest with Xfinity's and I only hit 15MBPS? I get it says "up to" but should I be getting so many connection issues when I'm paying for the extra MBPS? Not too techy, but I'll be really upset if I'm paying extra for something not even helping.

It gets very frustrating, especially when I tried looking on these forums for an answer to see all of them end with a Comcast rep saying to email them. I'm hoping someone might have had the same issue/know what to do because I'm going to end up having to our local Xfinity store to get this straightened out. (Tired of calling and having to fight their automated system to talk to a person.)

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Connection Issues

@destinyywhite99 wrote:

So, I've been having connection issues with my wifi for the past two months. It starts with me being connected but nothing loading, then I disconnect and when I try to reconnect it simply either doesn't let me (Doesn't sign me in or sometimes disappears from the Wifi list all together, even when I can see all the lights on the router are on) or it tells me authentification error. Almost always end up having restart or unplug my router in order for it to finally work again. Today, I had to reset my router twice. I have the "Up to 400MBPS" which says it should handle 9+ power users and yet sometimes I struggle with my connection when only two of us use it, then did a SpeedTest with Xfinity's and I only hit 15MBPS? I get it says "up to" but should I be getting so many connection issues when I'm paying for the extra MBPS? Not too techy, but I'll be really upset if I'm paying extra for something not even helping.

It gets very frustrating, especially when I tried looking on these forums for an answer to see all of them end with a Comcast rep saying to email them. I'm hoping someone might have had the same issue/know what to do because I'm going to end up having to our local Xfinity store to get this straightened out. (Tired of calling and having to fight their automated system to talk to a person.)

Did you see this?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Video-10-things-you-can-do-right-now-to-fix-your-int...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Re: Connection Issues

Some tips specifically for improving WiFi performance;

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/10-ways-you-might-be-killing-your-home-wi-fi-signal

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Improve-Your-Wireless-Gateway-Home-Network/td-p/26276...

There are other options. Google for WiFi repeaters / range extenders, WiFi mesh systems / pods, powerline ethernet adapters, MoCA adapters. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!