Community Forum

Connection Drops Briefly, But a LOT

New Poster

Connection Drops Briefly, But a LOT

About two months ago, Comcast thrust a new router/gateway device/whatever to replace the old router and modem that had worked exceptionally for at least two years. Ever since installing the new epuipment the connection constantly drops--pages take longer to load--with the little whirling icon on the browser spinning, spinning, spinning--and when streaming the video pauses constantly, every few minutes and I get messages like "it appears you are not connected to the internet." A moment later it resumes, and only lasts a few seconds, but it occurs every few minutes--very annoying. I've tried twice to get answers from the chat line, but the rep said he couldn't help me and that I probably needed a visit. It seems like the modem is almost "searching" for something--the 4th and 5th lights down from the top blink constantly. The old modem didn't do this.

Expert

Re: Connection Drops Briefly, But a LOT

Hi @cbmanges,

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!