Community Forum

Connecting to Xfinity modem without an Ethernet port

New Poster

Connecting to Xfinity modem without an Ethernet port

Hello,
I have a MacBook Air that has no Ethernet ports. Is it possible to connect to the modem without the Ethernet cable? If so, how do I go about doing that?

(I tried looking up this answer in the forums but I’m locked out of it. It brings me to the homepage of the forum instead of the post. I apologize for the repost.)
New Poster

Re: Connecting to Xfinity modem without an Ethernet port

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3421    Hopwefully you'll find the answer there, it sounds like it may have something to do with your Mac's wifi card 

Expert

Re: Connecting to Xfinity modem without an Ethernet port

@teejamie22 wrote:
Hello,
I have a MacBook Air that has no Ethernet ports. Is it possible to connect to the modem without the Ethernet cable? If so, how do I go about doing that?

(I tried looking up this answer in the forums but I’m locked out of it. It brings me to the homepage of the forum instead of the post. I apologize for the repost.)

If you are talking about a Gateway device the answer is yes, you can connect to it it via WiFi. If you need more advice, please post back.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!