Community Forum

Connecting Playstation 3 to xfinitywifi

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Connecting Playstation 3 to xfinitywifi

I'm trying to connect my PS3 to a local Xfinitywifi hotspot. When I try to login to my account so I can use the internet I am immediately taken to a page that says the link has expired. This is beyond frustrating. Has anybody else had luck connecting a PS3 to an xfinitywifi hotspot? My phone and my PS4 and other devices have connected just fine.
Contributor

Re: Connecting Playstation 3 to xfinitywifi

Xfinitywifi is low speed and limited bandwidth and is not designed for game consoles to run on it.  Even if you get it working it will be a poor experience.  Why not connect it to your internet service at your house?

Regular Visitor

It works fine for ither gaming devices. I'm currently away from home but have an xfinity hot spot nearby.
Regular Visitor

Also its less for gaming and more for streaming shows
Expert

@spinne1 wrote:

Xfinitywifi is low speed and limited bandwidth and is not designed for game consoles to run on it.  Even if you get it working it will be a poor experience.  Why not connect it to your internet service at your house?

Could be because the home connection counts toward the datacap limit if they are in an area that is subject to it ??

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!