Community Forum

Connecting Nest Thermostat

New Poster

Connecting Nest Thermostat

Hello. I'm new to Xfinity Comcast and I'm attemting to get my Nest Thermostat to connect to my Wifi. Nest says that I need to add my MAC address to my modem/router, but similar posts on here say that MAC filtering is not turned on on my router. Any suggestions on where to start? The thermostat connected fine to my previous service providers equipment, so it does seem to be something with my new equipment.

Contributor

Re: Connecting Nest Thermostat

@tundrayetti wrote:

Hello. I'm new to Xfinity Comcast and I'm attemting to get my Nest Thermostat to connect to my Wifi. Nest says that I need to add my MAC address to my modem/router, but similar posts on here say that MAC filtering is not turned on on my router. Any suggestions on where to start? The thermostat connected fine to my previous service providers equipment, so it does seem to be something with my new equipment.

You shouldn't have to take those steps.....When you view your SSID on the nest and click on it, you are then prompt for a password, correct? After that what happens?

On the Nest go to Reset > choose Network....Give that a try

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Connecting Nest Thermostat

FWIW, if you are using a Comcast supplied gateway device, and if they haven't been changed from their default values, they are on a label on the bottom, back, or the side. The broadcast name may be called the "Network Name" or the "SSID", and the password may be called the "Password" or the "Network Key" on that label.