Community Forum

Connected to Internet, but shows no devices set up yet

New Poster

Connected to Internet, but shows no devices set up yet

Let me start off by saying that I do have WiFi currently. However, while my phone, game system, and personal laptop can all utilize my home WiFi, for some reason my work laptop won’t connect. It won’t connect even via ethernet hardwire.
I’ve contacted my work’s tech support and they assured me it’s not the laptop, rather, it’s something to do with my WiFi setup. I’ve verified this by being able to connect my work laptop to other home networks without issue.
One thing I find strange is that while I have most of my devices connected via WiFi, in my Xfinity Account app it shows that “no devices are currently set up”. I’m not sure if this is tied to not being able to connect my work laptop or not.
Does anyone have any troubleshooting steps or suggestions? I’ve done the typical reboots of the modem and router and have made sure all connections are tight. At this point I’m not sure if it has something to do with the way I set my network up, the modem/router being out of date or needing an update, or something else.

Any input is appreciated!
Admin1

Re: Connected to Internet, but shows no devices set up yet

Hi avanalle0 -- We would recommend working with your employer's tech support team. Having all of your other devices connected shows there isn't an issue with modem itself. By the sound of it, there's a network setting within the laptop that's preventing it from connecting. You can also access your modem by using this link: http://10.0.0.1/. You can have your employer's tech support team look at this with you to go over your modem settings.