Community Forum

Compatible modem for Comcast Triple Play

New Poster

Compatible modem for Comcast Triple Play

Hello,

I have Comcast Triple Play (Phone, Internet with up to 100 Mbps and Digital preferred cable). I would like to buy a compatible modem that supports these three features. Please suggest what brand and model numbers would work for my configuration? 

Thanks,
Ashok

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Compatible modem for Comcast Triple Play

There are only two devices approved for retail sale for use with Comcast voice service. See nerd's guide here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Voice-Service-and-Equipment/How-to-purchase-and-install-a-voice-modem/t...

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Compatible modem for Comcast Triple Play

I'll add that there *may still* be one caveat to owning your own eMTA or gateway device that supports their phone service. YMMV. I always advise (until I'm told otherwise officially) that the first thing you should do is to call in or go to your local CC service center (the better choice) and inquire / confirm as to whether or not customer owned eMTA's (modems with phone support) are allowed to be used on the local system. Some local franchises still do not allow it and require you to rent one from CC. The personnel that work there seem to better know what the actual local franchise's policies really are than do support reps at the national 800 number.