Community Forum

Comcast tech told me I needed to add a cable but didnt tell me the type of cable from outside of my

New Poster

Comcast tech told me I needed to add a cable but didnt tell me the type of cable from outside of my

I was told my house does not have a coax cable running inside of my house (witch I do) it not I wouldnt be able to watch tv. I assume. I used to have att&t but now I am bringing xfinity in. The tech came out looked at the wires going into my house and told me to hire a electrician to install a cable from the telephone pole into to a box outside of my house so it could enter the house from there. When I called a electrician he asked me what type of cable to run into my house cat 5 or cat 6. I told him I have gigabit internet so cat 6 but I am trying to figure out what cable runs from the phone pole to the outside of the house. If I have the coax cable ran through my house should I have to worry about it? If so what should i have the electrician do? Run a second coax or run a cat 6 cable directly from the pole? I am lost in this process and need direction. So I dont overpay for stuff I dont need.
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Comcast tech told me I needed to add a cable but didnt tell me the type of cable from outside of

I escalated to get you another tech out. Only Comcast technicians/contractors can run coax from the pole up to your house. It’s coax not any Cat cables. You would only possibly need an electrician if you needed cable in a certain room that a technician can’t get it to

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Comcast tech told me I needed to add a cable but didnt tell me the type of cable from outside...

Hey there, Wrenchfury, welcome to our community! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here. I'd love to help take a look at this further. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!