Community Forum

Comcast slowing down speed on desktops/lap tops vs cell phones/tablets

New Poster

Comcast slowing down speed on desktops/lap tops vs cell phones/tablets

so here is the issue that seems Comcast refuse to admit :

since beggining of May i suffer from a SUPER SLOW internet speed on any lapt top or desktop at home hardwire or over Wi FI ,  i pay for 150mbps and on speedtest.net i can't get over 30mbps but when checking over my cell phone it get the full 150mbps.

i have a recording video of 2 technision that came to my house stating comcast is doing it and responsible for it and they have no control over it.

same issue i have in my business which is 2 blocks away my cell getting full speed while our desktops gettig half the speed we pay for.

after non stop calls to support and twice having tech in my house still not solution.

i used to download 1gig in less then 10 min now it take over an hour !!! not even talking about live streams that fail to work!

seem many suffering from the same issue SLOW INTERNET and comcast just keep waving customer off it's just wrong FIX THE PROBLEM

Expert

Re: Comcast slowing down speed on desktops/lap tops vs cell phones/tablets

I have escalated your issue to a Comcast Employee since you had technician visits and your problem still persists.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Just wondering what modem you have... We have the Arris TG1682G. We pay for 300mbps down / 50mbps up.... I've never gotten anything over 30mbps upstream. Depending where I am in the house we have several deadspots like our kitchen. If I walk around with my cell phone I get 300mbps down via WiFi mostly everywhere besides the "bad areas" which were getting roughly 20-25mbps downstream and 5mbps upstream.

I purchased a WiFi extender and placed it in the middle of the house, it really boosted the kitchen and far-side of the house we had issues with, as well as downstairs. These areas still do not get 300mbps down, but they are getting roughly 60-100mbps downstream which is a lot better than the average 20-25mbps.

Our Roku Stick with the Xfinity Live TV App (Beta) still disconnects our Live TV feed through the Roku randomly... which is lame because we were told if we brought back the cable box we could still watch our live TV through the Roku+Xfinity App.

Our 3 hardlined PC's all only get 100mbps downstream when I do Ookla Speedtests, this is not an issue, I am not sure why each PC does this... 2 are running Windows 10 and one is running Windows 7. I refuse to game with my gaming PC over WiFi, I never have any issues, not complaining... just strange.

Official Employee

Hello smanor, I can look into this for you on my end to help resolve this problem. To get started, please send me a private message by clicking on my name "ComcastAmir" and provide your full name and account number. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!