Community Forum

Comcast blocking and throttling certain websites starting today

New Poster

Comcast blocking and throttling certain websites starting today

This morning I noticed that certain websites did not work on my Comcast home network.  Those sites included Facebook, LinkedIn, https://earth.nullschool.net, etc.  However, certain sites, like the Apple sites, Yahoo, Google, etc. worked fine.  It appears that there are Xfinity outages being reported around the country in the past few hours.  Has anybody else experienced this?  Could Comcast be trying out new methods to block and/or throttle certain websites?

Contributor

Re: Comcast blocking and throttling certain websites starting today

I've noticed some sites aren't loading or loading slow today.  Other sites are loading quickly.  Something is going on.  

New Poster

youtube videos will not play.  however when I use a VPN the play normaly.

Expert

Possibly related. See this;

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Internet-service-issue-11-6/m-p/2994628#M266841

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Admin1

Hello All -- Expert EG provided the correct link for this issue. We did experience an external network issue that caused service issues nationwide. This has since been resolved. Please let us know if you are still experiencing service issues due to yesterday's service interruption. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yeah, I have as well. Numerous domains that I visit in Iceland are being blocked. I hope it's an outage and this doesn't have anything to do with net-neutrality.