Community Forum

Comcast Routers finding Revo Security Cameras

New Poster

Comcast Routers finding Revo Security Cameras

Through a death in the family and a vacation home, I have 3 residents I'm trying to maintain; not an easy task.  I have a 4 camera direct wired security camera system - a Revo DVR/NVR - in my main residence.  I can access these cameras from virturally anywhere via computer or my Samsung 8 smart phone from inside the main residence or elsewhere.  However, the other 2 homes each have desktop computers and each have Comcast routers connected to the Comcast network.  Within the confines of these 2 homes and logged into each of the 2 wireless systems, I can not access the remote Revo system on either the smartphone or the desktop computers.  If I walk 300-400 feet away and am on WiFi, the smartphone works fine.  I've recently had a computer tech I trust in my vacation home spend 30 minutes trying to figure out the problem.  He states the Comcast system has a block of some kind preventing the signals (probably the wrong word) from communicating.  I'm not into the computer jargen so am trying to be as basic as I can in explaining this.  I'm hoping I can get an answer from this format before venturing into a Comcast store where I'll probably get blank stares.  Has anyone dealt with this issue before?