Community Forum

Comcast Not throttle, throttle

New Poster

Comcast Not throttle, throttle

So I know comcast does not intentionally throttle. But, after I hit 80% I get a effect that causes a throttle. After some trouble shooting and google I found it had something to do with the pop up message that they push to your browser stating 80% or 90% or whatever. The problem I have is that to make the throttle stop you have to acknowledge this message and acknowledge the email they give you. For some reason even though I went past 80% I did not get that 80% message and the email alone does not seem to clear up the throttle (again its some sort of problem with the forced message causing a throttle like effect on things like netflix). I was able to clear it up the past 2 months but now that i have not recieved the pop up (possibly because I had ad blocks on even though they are off now) I cant seem to clear it up.

And before you argue that this is not real, every month after I hit 80% netflix goes to garbage and it has NO problems till after I hit 80%. Every call to comcast says the company line of 'we dont throttle' and yet they cant do anything to fix it. I had to find the fix online that actually works. So, any suggestions on how to force that stupid 80% pop up message if I miss it some how?

Expert

Re: Comcast Not throttle, throttle

@Alenvire wrote:

I had to find the fix online that actually works. So, any suggestions on how to force that stupid 80% pop up message if I miss it some how?

Could you please share that "fix" here for the benefit of all readers ?

You can't force that message from your end. BTW, it is a HTTP based browser injection message that won't be stopped by pop-up / ad blockers.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@Alenvire wrote:

And before you argue that this is not real, every month after I hit 80% netflix goes to garbage and it has NO problems till after I hit 80%. Every call to comcast says the company line of 'we dont throttle' and yet they cant do anything to fix it. I had to find the fix online that actually works. So, any suggestions on how to force that stupid 80% pop up message if I miss it some how?

You might want to go into your account notifications under Communications and Ad Preferences and enable the alert, plus have it notify you by email or SMS also. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

AFAIK, the end user can not toggle the *browser alert*.

New Poster

I can't find the 'fix' for it again. Its basically just acknowledge the pop up then go in your comcast email and acknowledge the message there, or delete it. I read it and then delete it and its worked the past couple months.

It had a few websites you could go to that seem to force the pop up. Or just have a greater chance of getting the pop up. I can't find it again though.