Community Forum

Cisco any connect VPN drops

New Poster

Cisco any connect VPN drops

Anyone have issues with using Cisco's any connect vpn with Xfinity three play. In 3 hours I was dropped and reconnected 53 times. I have ran through all the trouble shooting at the office and vpn works fine everywhere but home. Xfinity came out and put in new modem but that fix apparently did not stick. Any thoughts?
Expert

Re: Cisco any connect VPN drops

Are you using the XB3 gateway (TG1682G) from Comcast, by chance? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi - has anyone found any other information on this?  I've chatted with support and worked with my IT staff to update my BIOS and Wifi driver, but still having the same issues with the Cisco AnyConnect vpn and my home wifi service over the last 1-2 months.  I drop and get the reconnecting message at least 10-15x per day now and it make it unreasonable to try to work from home.  

I have the XB3 device, but model DPC3941T.

Highlighted
Expert

@jryan212 wrote:

I have the XB3 device, but model DPC3941T.

Essentially the same thing.

Swap it for an XB6, or bridge it to a personal router, and see if that fixes the issue. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!