Community Forum

Cisco XB3 Voice Gateway Issues

Regular Visitor

Cisco XB3 Voice Gateway Issues

I am trying to eliminate wifi completely and go with ethernet only. I need to get three computers on ethernet. My Xfinity Gateway XB3 Modem/Router model # DPC3941T will only support 1 ethernet connection when bridge mode is enabled. I have tried to work around this by using an ethernet switch. I am using a Linksys 5 Port Gigabit Ethernet Switchmodel SE3005. It is connected to the number ethernet port on the back of the XB3 Gateway. Three computers are connected to the Ethernet Switch, but only one will connect to the internet. 

Does anyone have a solution? 

Expert

Re: Cisco XB3 Voice Gateway Issues

It won't work in bridge mode. You only get on public IP address from Comcast. It would need to be in router / gateway mode to get multiple private IP addresses assigned to the devices / clients.

See if you can disable just the WiFi radios without having to put the device into full bridge mode.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I was able to get this issue resolved with a Comcast technician with more savy than the ones I had spoken to previously. Apparently not that many people are trying to elininate wifi and go with with ethernet only. Here is the solution: First Login to Xfinity gateway by placing 10.0.0.1 in your browser URL bar. This will take you to the login page of your modem/router. with the default credentials of User: admin Password: password . Then navigate to connection and edit your WiFi password.

Once you are logged onto the Gateway click on the connections tab under Gateway at a glance.

Then click on the Wi-Fi tab. Private Wi-Fi Network will be at the top with you Wi-Fi network or networks listed. To the right of each network there will be an edit button. Click on the button and disable each one. gGve the process a few minutes to complete for each. They should be all grayed out when complete. You will then be able to use all the ports on the modem for ethernet without an ethernet switch.

Expert

Glad you got it squared away !

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I did not see this post when I posted a rely to my original question 6/7/19. I finaly found a Comcast employee who advised me to #1 not use bridge mode and  #2 to disable the the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz frequency bands. He walked me through the process but this is exactly what you were advising. I am not sure why I did not see your reply 6/5/19.  You are doing a good service for fellow Comcast customers. 

Expert

Thank you sir ! Smiley Happy Good luck !