Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Change comcast routers login screens password from the default username password... admin, password?

New Poster

Change comcast routers login screens password from the default username password... admin, password?

Im not sure if I can, i cannot find an answer anywhere. I of course know how to change my networks login password. Im asking if we can change the login screens default username & password.. admin, password.. id rather not have friends or family being able to login into my router to change things.. Yes it has happened.. Thank you in advance for any help, good or bad, thank you..
Expert

Re: Change comcast routers login screens password from the default username password... admin, passw

I can change the password only on my XB3.

Expert

Re: Change comcast routers login screens password from the default username password... admin, passw

Nerdy_Anarchist wrote:
Im not sure if I can, i cannot find an answer anywhere. I of course know how to change my networks login password. Im asking if we can change the login screens default username & password.. admin, password.. id rather not have friends or family being able to login into my router to change things.. Yes it has happened.. Thank you in advance for any help, good or bad, thank you..

Only the user interface access password can be changed on the Comcast supplied gateway devices. The access username can not.