Community Forum

Cant get 1gig speeds on cm1000

New Poster

Cant get 1gig speeds on cm1000

This is my 3rd "Xfinity approved modem". First were the sb8200, and Motorola mb8600. Best I've been able to get is 477 down 12up. Techs have come out and verified 1027 down and 60 up at cable in my house...with their tester. So for the third time I've been told it's my equipment.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Cant get 1gig speeds on cm1000

it's fun isn't it?  using documented approved modems only to be told your modem is the problem when it clearly isn't.

New Poster

Lots of fun.....after ALOT of research, testing, and networking, I've come to realize that you must use their hardware..."firmware", to get 1g speeds at this point in time. I went thru this way back when 400 was the fastest. Which I did finally get those speeds consistently., with my own network.
Frequent Visitor

to be fair i did get upwards of 1gig when i had the service.  this was with both a cm1000 and a sb8200 (because they said my cm1000 was the problem).  unfortunately, the modem stops providing a valid IP every week or two and after months of that bs and calls/hours wasted with comcast i rolled back to 400mbps service and the problem went away.  i work from home most of the week and can't have 6 hour outages every week or two.

is your host (laptop, workstation, whatever) connected straight into your modem or to a firewall then into your hosts?

New Poster

Direct