Community Forum

Cannot matchmake using Nintendo Switch

Frequent Visitor

Cannot matchmake using Nintendo Switch

I am at my wit's end in regards to being able to connect with my Nintendo Switch specifically when it comes to multiplayer. I have constantly ran into Error Code: 2618-0201 while trying to matchmake (all other internet functions work correctly) approximately starting last week, and even going through all of Nintendo's exhaustive troubleshooting steps have yielded no results, which indicates that the problem lies somewhere on Comcast's end. I would like this problem to be resolved so that I can enjoy all of the benefits of being able to play online with my Switch. If there are other steps which I could take, I seriously would like to know.

Expert

Re: Cannot matchmake using Nintendo Switch

Is this via a WiFi connection ?

Have you seen this ?;

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25866/~/error-code%3A-2618-0201

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

It's a wired connection, and I have tried every step in that link to no result.

Frequent Visitor

So long story short, talked to Comcast support, confirmed issue wasn't on their end, so I ended up buying a new cable modem and router, and now I get NAT Type A! So something in the previous gateway I was using crapped out. Time to return to some Splatting!

Expert

Glad you got it straightened out ! Can you please share the make and model numbers of both the old gateway and the new device(s) ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi rawmustard, thank you for your update and glad you resolved your issue.  Please don't hesitate to reach back out if you need any assistance in the future.

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

My question ???

Frequent Visitor

Sure, I will tell you that the old gateway was a TP-Link Archer CR700. That was replaced with a Netgear CM1000 cable modem and a Netgear R7000 router. Both are a vast improvement over my prior setup.
Expert

Nice ! Thanks for your reply !