Community Forum

Cannot get new modem activated

New Poster

Cannot get new modem activated

Old cable modem [Arris SB4161] was working fine for my Xfinity 25Mpbs speed [$50/mo]. I was hoping to upgrade to 250Mbps [$90/mo] so I bought a new modem [Arris SB8200] and connected it yesterday.  All the lights on the modem appeared and were solid [not flashing] so per the Arris instructions, the installation/connection was successful.  I then tried to "activate" the new modem by calling Xfinity and a very nice lady spent an hour on the phone with me trying to "send a signal" to my new modem and activate.  We were not able to activate the new modem so we reactivated the old modem and it is back to normal.  The Xfinity lady offered to have a technician visit my home to troubleshoot the new modem and connection.  I appreciate the offer but I won't be doing that, especially after I visited my local Xfinity store today and found the employees there hilariously uninterested in keeping me as a customer.  Anyway, before I stop using Xfinity I thought I would post here and see if anyone had any thoughts.  Thanks very much!

Official Employee

Re: Cannot get new modem activated

Hi markxfin, I would like to help activate your new modem, could you please send me a private message with your full name to begin?

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Cannot get new modem activated

Hi markxfin,  I haven't heard from you but please reach back out if you still need assistance.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!