Community Forum

Cannot connect to WiFi from Mac

New Poster

Cannot connect to WiFi from Mac

I'm running macOS Catalina, Version 10.15.1 and have not been able to connect to our home WiFi network for a few weeks now. On the same computer,  I can connect to any other WiFi network. On my home network, I'm able to connect every other device except my Mac. I called Xfinity and Apple and both don't seem to know what could be wrong. I've been directed from Apple to reach out to Xfinity multiple times, which I have, but no one at the call center has been able to resolve my issue, which is incredibly dissapointing. 

After asking to speak with Level 2 or Level 3 Xfinity Support, I was turned down and told that they must as generic questions, such as "Have you reset your modem?" and "Have you restarted your computer?" How disappointing. Obviously I have done all this and the issue is much bigger than restarting my computer.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Cannot connect to WiFi from Mac

@maddiephyle wrote:

I'm running macOS Catalina, Version 10.15.1 and have not been able to connect to our home WiFi network for a few weeks now. On the same computer,  I can connect to any other WiFi network. On my home network, I'm able to connect every other device except my Mac. I called Xfinity and Apple and both don't seem to know what could be wrong. I've been directed from Apple to reach out to Xfinity multiple times, which I have, but no one at the call center has been able to resolve my issue, which is incredibly dissapointing. 

After asking to speak with Level 2 or Level 3 Xfinity Support, I was turned down and told that they must as generic questions, such as "Have you reset your modem?" and "Have you restarted your computer?" How disappointing. Obviously I have done all this and the issue is much bigger than restarting my computer.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you try Google?  

Example:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250716363

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!