I have been streaming to Twitch for over a year at 1920X1080, 60 fps, with a 5,000 ingest bitrate without issue using my Blast internet (150 down/10 up). Two days ago, when I went to stream to Twitch, I immediately began dropping over 60% of my frames through OBS. Using the Twitch bandwidth test to the Miami server I am showing 0 quality. When I use the Comcast speed test link it shows I am getting the speeds I am paying for, however the quality of the upload has seriously deteriorated to the point that I cannot maintain a stable upload to the Twitch ingest server any longer. I tried my YouTube channel as well and the same result. I tried switching servers, restarting the PC, the modem, the router, I updated network drivers, I updated Windows 10 (1809 OS Build 17763.437), I updated the GPU drivers, nothing has helped. I have not been able to stream for three days now due to this. I don't have $60 to spend on a Comcast tech to come out and tell me there is nothing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
For a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?
O/k then we can't narrow it down to either being a WiFi only problem or a overall connectivity problem to the Comcast system..
Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.
What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?
Some tips for improving WiFi performance;
There are other options. Google for WiFi repeaters / range extenders, WiFi mesh systems / pods, powerline ethernet adapters, MoCA adapters.
I used a hard wired connection (not wifi). The modem is an Arris SB6183.
Here is the data:
|Downstream Bonded Channels|
|Channel||Lock Status||Modulation||Channel ID||Frequency||Power||SNR||Corrected||Uncorrectables|
|1||Locked||QAM256||1||471000000 Hz||0.8 dBmV||44.9 dB||0||0|
|2||Locked||QAM256||4||489000000 Hz||0.5 dBmV||44.7 dB||0||0|
|3||Locked||QAM256||5||495000000 Hz||0.9 dBmV||43.4 dB||0||0|
|4||Locked||QAM256||7||507000000 Hz||0.5 dBmV||40.9 dB||0||0|
|5||Locked||QAM256||8||513000000 Hz||0.1 dBmV||44.2 dB||0||0|
|6||Locked||QAM256||9||519000000 Hz||0.5 dBmV||44.6 dB||0||0|
|7||Locked||QAM256||10||525000000 Hz||0.9 dBmV||44.6 dB||0||0|
|8||Locked||QAM256||11||531000000 Hz||0.8 dBmV||44.6 dB||0||0|
|9||Locked||QAM256||12||537000000 Hz||0.2 dBmV||44.3 dB||0||0|
|10||Locked||QAM256||13||543000000 Hz||0.0 dBmV||44.2 dB||0||0|
|11||Locked||QAM256||14||549000000 Hz||0.6 dBmV||44.4 dB||0||0|
|12||Locked||QAM256||18||573000000 Hz||0.1 dBmV||44.0 dB||0||0|
|13||Locked||QAM256||24||609000000 Hz||-0.3 dBmV||43.7 dB||0||0|
|14||Locked||QAM256||28||633000000 Hz||-0.3 dBmV||43.6 dB||0||0|
|15||Locked||QAM256||30||639000000 Hz||-0.8 dBmV||42.7 dB||0||0|
|16||Locked||QAM256||33||657000000 Hz||-0.9 dBmV||42.7 dB||0||0|
|Upstream Bonded Channels|
|Channel||Lock Status||US Channel Type||Channel ID||Symbol Rate||Frequency||Power|
|1||Locked||ATDMA||42||5120 Ksym/sec||29400000 Hz||41.3 dBmV|
|2||Locked||ATDMA||41||5120 Ksym/sec||35800000 Hz||41.8 dBmV|
|3||Locked||ATDMA||43||5120 Ksym/sec||23000000 Hz||40.3 dBmV|
|4||Locked||ATDMA||44||5120 Ksym/sec||16600000 Hz||39.5 dBmV|
I hope that is what you are looking for. Thank you for trying to help.
Not sure if it matters but the Event Log is filled with these two errors repeating:
|Time Not Established||Critical (3)||SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing;;CM-MAC=78:96:84:eb:c3:24;CMTS-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0;|
|Time Not Established||Critical (3)||SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing;CM-MAC=78:96:84:eb:c3:24;CMTS-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0;|
The stats as read at the modem level at that moment in time very good but there are three additional signal stats which can't be read by the modem. They can only be read from their end by them polling the CMTS (Cable Modem Termination System) at the local headend facility.
They are the "Upstream Rx Power" (Upstream Receive Power Level), the "Upstream SNR Ch." (Upstream Signal To Noise Ratio), and the "Upstream ICFR" (In Channel Frequency Response). These are as equally important in diagnosing connectivity issues as are the modem's stats.
The Upstream Receive Power Level should fall within the range of -2dB to +2dB with 0dB being in the middle and perfect.
The Upstream SNR should be least 31dB, and the higher it is the better.
The ICFR should be no higher than 2 dB.
You could have a noise ingress issue in only the upstream channel(s) / return path only somewhere.
I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. They will be able to poll the CMTS to see whether or not everything is in the green zone, see your node / cable plant and modem health, and also see a history plot for the modem. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !
Hi TCW67, thank you for reaching out here on our community forums and I would like to review signals further on my side for you. Please send me a private message with your full name to begin.
Thank you, I have responded to your private message.
Thank you for working with me through private message and glad you issue was fixed. Please reach back out if you need any assistance in the future, we are here to help.
Thank you for your time!