Community Forum

Cannot Connect to Online Gaming Servers

Regular Visitor

Cannot Connect to Online Gaming Servers

Hello,

Since receiving a new router, I have been unable to connect to any online gaming server (League of Legends, CSGO, etc.). My internet works fine but as soon as I try to connect to a game server, I get an error. I have already tried: restarting the gateway, restarting my device, trying to connect from a different device, reinstalling the game, turning off firewalls/ antivirus software, and enabling port forwarding. Nothing has worked and I'm not sure what to do.

Any suggestions?

Official Employee

Re: Cannot Connect to Online Gaming Servers

Hello, rudy_cassel. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear you are having issues with trying to get connected to game services to play your games. Can you please provide us with a  little more information? When you say you got a new router, are you talking about an actual router or a new modem? If it's a new router what happens when you connect directly to the modem? Can you provide us with the model number or the router (or modem or both)?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Cannot Connect to Online Gaming Servers

Hello, rudy_cassel. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!