Community Forum

Can’t connect to xfinity hotspots/On demand pass

New Poster

Can’t connect to xfinity hotspots/On demand pass

So I’ve been playing my Xbox game system with the xfinity hotspot/on demand past and starting yesterday, when I try to connect to Xbox live I get 1/2 error messages. The first being we can’t connect to your DHCP server and the second one being we can’t connect with a static IP address. I’ve never had these problems playing on the xfinity hotspot before I want to know is there a service outage in my area or is there an open xfinity IP address I could use ?
Official Employee

Re: Can’t connect to dhcp server

Hi there, Ncollins2. 

Do you have our My Account app? It will let you know if there is a reported outage in your area. 

As for the hotspot, are you logged into your account with it? 

I know sometimes if I am connected to the hotspot on my cell phone, but are not logged in, it will show connected but will give me errors, if I am not logged in manually. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Can’t connect to dhcp server

Hi there, Ncollin2. I just wanted to reach out again before I closed out this post. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!