Community Forum

Can't connect device to WIFI

New Poster

Can't connect device to WIFI

Updated to newest router recently. All.our devices work except for our ASUS chromebook. It shows connected to our wifi but will not browse. When I click on the wifi it tells me I may need to go to wifi log in page for connection. I click the hotspot and an Xfinity window pops saying the device is on pause or in sleep mode. I go to xfi app and the device does not show up under our device list. Everything was fine until recently. Need help fixing the problem. I even reset the chromebook to factory settings and get the same problem.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Can't connect device to WIFI

@Sandoval8632 wrote:
Updated to newest router recently. All.our devices work except for our ASUS chromebook. It shows connected to our wifi but will not browse. When I click on the wifi it tells me I may need to go to wifi log in page for connection. I click the hotspot and an Xfinity window pops saying the device is on pause or in sleep mode. I go to xfi app and the device does not show up under our device list. Everything was fine until recently. Need help fixing the problem. I even reset the chromebook to factory settings and get the same problem.

I don't have a Chromebook; is it able to search for your Comcast SSID?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

It does. It searches and finds our network and it has the password saved as well so it appears to be connected. The wifi icon shows connected and states strong signal but will not browse. A pop up will show saying that we may need to go to our wifi login page to sign in. When I do that Xfinity says device in pause or sleep mode but the device doesnt show up on our list of devices.
Official Employee

Hello, Sandoval8632. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear you are having issues with the Chromebook not being able to browse. That's certainly frustrating. I would like to look further into this issue for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, Sandoval8632. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!