Community Forum

Can't add port forwards

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Can't add port forwards

I have an existing ssh port 22 forward. I want to set up a private ftp server: ports 20-21. If I edit the ssh device, the existing port forward appears, but I can only change or delete that port forward. That port forward was set up directly on 10.0.0.1

If I try to add a new port forward through the web, I can specify the correct device in the drop down box, and add the port range.

But instead of the correct device, which is on 10.0.0.61 , I get:

No Associated Device

Reserved IP Address:
  • Port Range
    20 – 21
    Protocol
    TCP

Has anybody had any success with the web access for port forwards ? Is there any updated document on port forwarding ?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Can't add port forwards

I can't delete my forwarding ports.    After upgrading some work and some don't. I want to delete the ones that don't and it just says  Oops this can't be done at this time, try again later or reboot your router.   Neither help.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I finally found a way to add a second ip address (10.0.0.2) to my device. So now my device has 2 ip addresses. Very strange the router doesn't let you add port forwards, but that's xfinity....

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Today for some reason all my forwarded ports were deleted. I did try to delete one of them Before and continually got an error saying it could not. But Today I checked and they were all gone. Crazy. I do think there was a problem because my forwarded ports were static IP’s and not DHCP. This is how I had things set up on the old Xfinity router . The new xFi app won’t allow you to add a forwarded port device unless it’s DHCP or at least that’s what I’m finding.