Community Forum

Can't access my favorite website through my xfinity wifi

JQiu
New Poster

Can't access my favorite website through my xfinity wifi

Good afternoon everyone,

I am now so tired after spending 2 days and over 12hours looking for an answer.

Since last week, I can't access my favorite website by using my wifi on any device. However, I can easily access it by using my ATT data.

And, I have quested two experts politely, but they couldn't help and always saying "will report to blah blah team and you will receive a call in two working days". I waited, and nothing happened.

First of all, the instruction which showing the process to turn off the Protected Browsing service is not useful for me. I tried to follow the instruction on both XFi web and XFi app. I can't find the "Security" feature, instead, I have found a feature named "Advanced Security".

One expert told me that Advanced Security replaces the Protected Browsing (or covering its function). I turned off the xFi Advanced Security, waited for two days, restarted the gateway for three times, and still helped nothing...

Turning off the Advanced Security solves nothing, and I can't turn off Protected Browsing by any method. This torments me...

Please, can someone help me. I will appreciate it a lot. Me and my family can't use our favorite website for over a week... 

Thank you so so much.

PS: my ZIP Code is 94608

RobertWy
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Can't access my favorite website through my xfinity wifi

What is the site's URL?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
EG
Expert

Perhaps posting the output of a traceroute to the site may reveal a clue.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
JQiu
New Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

What is the site's URL?

It's https://www.ifvod.tv/

Thank you for your respond

EG
Expert

Trace route ???

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!