Community Forum

Can't access Gateway ip

Frequent Visitor

Can't access Gateway ip

Sorry if anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Comcast did not respond to me on messenger. I can't log on to my gateway at 10.0.0.1.
I know it's admin and the default password is password. I changed the default password and I forgot it. So I was told to reset my router. Full reset and it would go back to default. I reset it, had to spend 20 mins on xfi or what not and I'm just getting incorrect password when I try using the default one.
I did what I was told to do and it has worked in the past.
If anyone can help I'd be more then appreciative.
Problem Solver

Re: Can't access Gateway ip

What model gateway do you have?  Have you looked at the User Manual for the device?  Have you searched the Forum for other posts regarding gateway default password issues?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Expert

@whoisarin wrote:
So I was told to reset my router. Full reset and it would go back to default. I reset it, 

Are you holding the reset button in for at least 30 seconds ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yes I did that. I also had someone from Xfinity when I got ahold of them during chat do it from there end. The did it and it worked. I changed my gateways password and then it wouldn't let me sign in again.
So I reached out to them again, they did it from there end and it didn't work the 2nd time. He had no clue why. I'll reset it again later and if it doesn't work I'm going to have Comcast come out.
Expert

Perhaps it's malfunctioning ? If you have one close by, just take it to the local Comcast store and have it swapped out for another. Good luck !

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Yeah It's a little bit more complicated then that.
My network is infiltrated.
Expert

Not sure what you mean by that but o/k then get a tech out. If he finds a problem on your side of the demarc point, you may be charged.