Community Forum

Can't Change WiFi Channel

Highlighted
New Poster

Can't Change WiFi Channel

Wi-Fi Mode, Security Mode, Channel Selection, Channel Mode, and Channel Bandwidth are being managed automatically to help optimize your home Wi-Fi network and improve Wi-Fi coverage. To edit your Wi-Fi Network Name & Network password, please download the Xfinity xFi app or visit xfinity.com/myxfi.

This is what I am getting when I try to change my WiFi channel settings on my Xfinity Modem. This is not acceptable, I was able to modify this before, I called twice and was hung up on both times after getting transferred to advanced support. The first time they answered and hung up, second time they "helped" for 30 minutes of silence as they "reviewed" the situation and then disconnected by transfering me (I work in a call center, and it's sad how many people do this).  I want to be able to change my channel again and not have my WiFi slowed down because of Automatic Optimization. I was surprised at how long it took before I encountered a huge issue with Xfinity and Customer Service

Let me point this out too, with this being automatically controlled and happening to line up with everyone elses channels on WiFi so we interfere with each other and then the customer gets ads pushed about increasing WiFi strength by buying more stuff from comcast or upgrading. It doesn't look good, that's all I'll say

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Can't Change WiFi Channel

Hi mulock3, I'm in the same boat. Before going down a futile road, I was wondering if you got any response or resolution to the problem of not being able to manually select WiFi channel any longer. Thanks
Highlighted
New Poster

Hi folks! Do you know what channel(s) your xFi routers are automatically selecting for themselves?

Highlighted
New Poster

I need help with this as well please. The wifi channels look to be changing automatically and are messing with other devices I have in the wi-fi area

Highlighted
Expert

To all,

This was a Comcast decision made to provide a broader xFi experience by enabling Mesh Mode witch automatically controls your WiFi Settings. The only settings you can still control with the app are Name (SSID), password, security mode, and broadcast WiFi Name (SSID)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

Dead thread from last year now being closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!