Community Forum

Can only get to yahoo, youtube etc. - not most websites

Regular Visitor

Can only get to yahoo, youtube etc. - not most websites

I have a similar issue to this:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet-Archive/Only-have-access-to-certain-websites/m-p/3002968#M5204...

I have ip6 connectivity, but not ip4.  

I have had several modems, including one that was changed today.

I have a service appointment Wednesday, but would really like to have internet before then.

Is there anything I can do?  I've been on with tech support today for most of the day trying everything.

Expert

Re: Can only get to yahoo, youtube etc. - not most websites

Here’s what I would attempt if you haven’t already. Have them completely remove your modem from your account as long as it is your modem. When they re add it to your account make sure you give the CSR the HFC-MAC or the CM-MAC address.
Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Regular Visitor

Excellent - thank you both!
Official Employee

Hi, spartanjames - As jweaver0312 mentioned, I will need to remove your modem information in the system and then re-provision it. Please send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number, CM/HFC Mac address. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me. Thank you!

Regular Visitor

Just sent - thank you!

Official Employee

@spartanjames - Got it and replied back. Thank you!