Community Forum

Can only access some sites IPV4/IPV6 megathread

Regular Visitor

Re: Can only access some sites IPV4/IPV6 megathread

Reply so I can PM Comcast John. I’ve had xfinity WiFi for 2 months, and all of the sudden most sites beyond google are unreachable on any device (2 different phones, 2 laptops, and my Xbox all have the same connection issues). This makes me believe there’s an issue with IPv4. On one reply, John said that this is usually now a issue due to the user, but I don’t recall doing anything. I can’t access my school website and it’s finals... help!
Regular Visitor

Ipv4 issue on XB6 modem

I am having an issue connecting to any website that isn't ipv6. My modem is an xb6, it is provisioned on the correct CMAC address and I'm at a loss for how to correct this. 

HELP!

Regular Visitor

Re: Ipv4 issue on XB6 modem

Having the same problem

@ericlib87 wrote:

I am having an issue connecting to any website that isn't ipv6. My modem is an xb6, it is provisioned on the correct CMAC address and I'm at a loss for how to correct this. 

HELP!

Expert

Click Connection > XFINITY Network

Does it show the gateway receiving both IPv4 and IPv6 configuration?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Yes both layers have IP addresses,

WAN IP Address (IPv4)

WAN Default Gateway Address (IPv4)

WAN IP Address (IPv6):

WAN Default Gateway Address (IPv6)

All have addresses

Expert

Since it does show the correct CM-MAC, basically try calling in and see if they can have the modem be scrapped and re-added to provision.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

IPv4 issues

@ComcastJohnN or another Comcast person please help. I know you say Comcast has "fixed" this issue and is corrected remotely, but after going back and forth with tier 1 and 2 support, I am not sure where to go from here.

I can access sites like google, and xfinity, but I cant access other common sites like amazon or msn.

I'm going to pull my hair out if someone asks me to reboot or factory reset my gateway again unless there's a really good reason.

My gateway is not receiving an IPv4 WAN IP, but does have an IPv6 WAN address.(screenshot below)

Please halp!

Capture.JPG

New Poster

Re: IPv4 issues

I guess it didnt upload the picture correctly, so I've copy and pasted it below.

Also as a premise, I exchanged my gateway for a new one over the weekend. The old one was working, but the new one is not (well, it works only for IPv6 sites like Google and Xfinity).

XFINITY Network

Internet: Active
Local time: 2019-12-05 17:26:18
System Uptime: 4 days 3h: 55m: 51s
WAN IP Address (IPv4): 0.0.0.0
WAN Default Gateway Address (IPv4):
WAN IP Address (IPv6): 2001:558:6045:8:c55e:3ff4:346e:575c
WAN Default Gateway Address (IPv6): fe80::201:5cff:fe6c:2646
Delegated prefix (IPv6): 2601:644:4200:426::/64
Primary DNS Server (IPv4):
Secondary DNS Server (IPv4):
Primary DNS Server (IPv6): 2001:558:feed::1
Secondary DNS Server (IPv6): 2001:558:feed::2
WAN Link Local Address (IPv6): fe80::4af7:c0ff:fec4:3b2a
DHCP Client (IPv4): Enabled
DHCP Client (IPv6): Enabled
DHCP Lease Expire Time (IPv4): 0d:0h:0m
DHCP Lease Expire Time (IPv6): 3d:3h:39m
WAN MAC: 48:F7:C0:C4:3B:2A
Regular Visitor

No Ipv4 connection just Ipv6

Hi! Can someone help me?! I got a new computer and when I tried to connect to the internet and it connects to the WiFi but I’m not getting an ipv4 address only ipv6. What other information do you need?
New Poster

Re: Can only access IPv6 not IPv4 Help

I have the same problem and would love some help. I’ve called Comcast and had technicians come but again, all they do is restart the router. Nothing helps and I only get a ivp6 addresses and no ivp4 address and the router won’t show on my TCP/ip tab on my iMac. Even after doing a hard reset. Please pv me! Thanks
Wyattcj
New Poster

No Ipv4 on wifi

So a few months back, randomly, all of my wifi connected devices could not reach particular websites. It was spotty and could be replicated on every device. I thought maybe it was an ios problem on my laptop and phone but then I was also getting the issue on my windows devices. As an example, bungie.net would load fine but bungiestore.com would hang and give me a site cant be reached error. I managed to bandaid the problem by using the cloudflare 1.1.1.1 app on my mobile devices. I thought maybe it was a dns issue but I could not fix it regardless of what I tried. So today i stumbled across a older post about missing ipv4 and only having ipv6 available for wifi, thus not being able to reach those sites that use ipv4. I'm wondering if the information in that forum post about the gateway being provisioned with the wrong MAC address or it being provisioned not as a CPE device may apply to me and be the root of my issues or if I have an issue thats entirely my own. Any help would be appreciated and as I am new to the forum hopefully i'll have any info needed.   @ComcastJohnN you were listed alot in that post so I figured id tag you. Thanks all for the help.