Community Forum

Can only access some sites IPV4/IPV6 megathread

New Poster

Re: Ipv4 not working/ipv6 limited web access

Magically my issue resolved itself now.

Official Employee

Re: Ipv4 not working/ipv6 limited web access

Hi @RichardFoss

Please feel free to reach out if you need assistance in the future. Take care. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: No IPv4, only IPv6 (Arris SBG6950AC2)

@ComcastJohnN  I am new to this forum and  seem to be having the same problem as many in this thread. After my Gateway reset in the middle of the night (~1:20am EST), I can only connect to sites like YouTube, Google, or Wikipedia. It seems that I don't have IPv4 connectivity (according to ipv6-test.com). I've flushed my DNS, reset my TCP/IP, Power Cycled the Gateway, and restarted my computer to no avail. Can you please help me solve this problem?

Official Employee

Re: No IPv4, only IPv6 (Arris SBG6950AC2)

SamaelQliphoth, I'd be happy to look into your iPV4 connectivity issues. Please send me a private message with your full name so I can help. 

Ken

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Re: Can only access some sites IPV4/IPV6 megathread

I am having this issue at a commercial site.  A recycled modem was installed today, and from the diagnostics page we can lookup a site and ping it, but from a connected client we cannot unless the site/resource happens to use IPv6.

Tier 1 support said it was working fine and wanted to hang up, but I sold them on referring it to Tier 2, with a turnaround time of 24 to 48 hours.  Because their diagnostics check out, they also refused to reprovision the modem or the one it replaced.  In the meantime, the client has no phone and no internet.

Please help!

@ComcastJohnN 

@ComcastChe

Official Employee

robbking1, thanks for posting these details. I am happy to reprovision your modem and have you retest. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. 

Ken

New Poster

Good afternoon -

My full name is Rob [removed], and phone support *may* be on to something here, they are saying the traffic is being directed to/from a different router, as if the new static IP actually belongs to another device.  The first two techs I spoke to during daylight hours didn't see this but the after hours fellow I am on the phone with now saw it almost immediately and is referring it to Tier2 support.  I appreciate the response and I am hopeful that they can fix this on this call.  If they cannot, I would gladly turn it over to you!  Thanks!

Regular Visitor

Wrong HFC MAC loaded

@ComcastJohnN 

Hello John, I have been reading many threads on the forum and I believe you can help me.

I will send you my HFC MAC if you can take a look at it. I'm getting some sites and not others.

I leaving work shortly to get the number to send you. I hope you are available to help.

Thank you Maxallen

Official Employee

robbking1, looks like you posted publicly on accident! I've removed your name from your post. Are you still having these issues? How did the phone call go with the tech? 

Official Employee

Re: Wrong HFC MAC loaded

Hi mazallen1,  thank you for reaching out and I would like to look into your MAC address issue for you.  Could you please send me a private message with your full name to begin?

Thank you 

New Poster

I'm just making this post so I can send a PM. I'm having this same issue, .@ComcastJohnN

Okay, could somebody please explain how to tag somebody on mobile? Due to what I assume is the same issue, I can't sign in on my computer.
New Poster

@ComcastJohnN
I appear to be having the same "access denied" issue.  Posting message so I can PM you

New Poster

Just started having problems out of the blue. Every thing was working fine and now i cant reach ipv4 sites

@ComcastJohnN
Regular Visitor

Good morning. I cannot DM yet so I am posting here for @ComcastJohnN @ComcastChe

I am a current Xfinity customer and am traveling. As of yesterday, the Xfinity Wifi Hotspot I have been using only gives out ipv6 IPs and cannot route to ipv4 sites. I have tried turning off ipv6 but just get the APIPA address for ipv4. I am unable to resolve any ipv4 DNS requests (msn.com, etc) but can get to Google, YouTube, Facebook, etc. Its as if the ipv4 dhcp pool doesnt exist.

Since it is a hotspot and not my own router, the information I have is limited.

Here is my ipconfig info. Hopefully something can be done. I cannot get certain websites to do work.

>personal info edited>

Official Employee

vulcan1701, thanks for taking the time to let us know about your iPV4 address issues! I'd be happy to get this fixed for you! Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side. 

New Poster

@ComcastKenF 

I am experiencing the same issue as above. I can connect to everything fine on my iPhone but on my Macbook I have some issues.

Official Employee

mhinolv, glad you are able to connect normally now! Thanks for sending me a private message. Post again if you need anything! 

Regular Visitor

I seem to behaving this issue too.  @ComcastKenF 

Regular Visitor

@ComcastJohnN @ComcastChe 

I seem to be having the same issue with limited access to websites (limited to only Xfinity, youtube, google...). I have my MAC stuff all ready to give you, just needed to post for the private message ability. Thanks!

Regular Visitor

^ Not sure if I tagged the right people, @ComcastKenF . Would appreciate any help with the issue (which seems to be going in and out depending on the day!). Thanks!

Official Employee

I seem to behaving this issue too.  @ComcastKenF 

Appreciate you letting me know. I got your private message and will follow up there. 

Blakerrobertson, do you mind sending me a private message please so I can help? Just click my name and then click "send me a private message". 

Ken

New Poster

Hi @ComcastKenF
I am having issue with accessing certain websites. Please help!
Official Employee

Hi @ComcastKenF
I am having issue with accessing certain websites. Please help!

Tpham211, thanks for letting me know about your ipv4/ipv6 issues! I just saw your private message and will follow up with you in a few minutes. Appreciate you reaching out here on the forums! 

Ken

Regular Visitor

Hi Ken and everyone else,

I seem to be having similar problems and found this thread. I would have PMed you right away but it seems my account is too young or I can't find the button. Could you pm me? Thanks!

Nevermind, seems I can send messages now.

Official Employee

HillaVilla,

Yeah, per the forum guidelines, you have to post publicly first before your private messages are enabled. Shoot me one if you need assistance! 

Ken

Official Employee

Gorthar, glad to hear you were able to fix this issue by adjusting your Windows 10 option to obtain the IP address automatically! Post again if you need further assistance. 

Ken

New Poster

Hi, like everyone else here, I can't access iPv4 sites. I only use an Xfinity Hotspot, I don't have my own modem or router.

Regular Visitor

Same issue here... for 4 years!!! Hoping finding this forum topic will help.

@ComcastJohnN
Silver Problem Solver

@miktxer wrote:
Same issue here... for 4 years!!! Hoping finding this forum topic will help.

@ComcastJohnN

Just curious; did you run this checker?

https://ipv6-test.com/

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

I had not, but did upon your suggestion. I did with two devices. iPad, which has been working fine, received "supported" for both. Mac mini, which has not been working, received "not supported" for IPv4 and "supported" for IPv6.
Regular Visitor

I should've also noted that my several other devices have been checking through in not working. It started four years ago with my Lenovo PC with Windows and Chromebooks not working. Today, it's Mac mini and Apple TV that do not work.

I've had multiple calls and tech visits from Comcast with no resolution.
Regular Visitor

Hey all,

@ComcastJohnN was able to assist me with my problem.  As it turns out, my problem was a different issue, having to do with another item that was plugged in via ethernet improperly and acting as a gateway.  Issues resolved!!!

Thanks John!!!

New Poster

Like many others, I am having the same problem.  IPv4 shows no internet connection.  Sometimes a restart will clear the problem but only for an hour or so.  Other times, it does nothing.

New Poster

@ComcastJohnN @ComcastChe
I am having the same issue when using the xfinity hotspot. All of my devices are blocked. Please help.
New Poster

@ComcastJohnN Can you help?

New Poster

@ComcastJohnN 
Hi, same issues as everyone else. Attempted all of the diagnostics to no avail including modem reset. Messaging you now with HFC MAC. Thank you two for the hard work. Had this issue for years on wired connection but never bothered fixing it due to the connection working over a router.

New Poster

While waiting on Superman John, I read a prior post that had success changing their internet to "obtain an IP address automatically". 
This fixed it and now have full internet connectivity.

My problem and solution for future victims:
Windows 7
My modem: SURFboard SB6121
Router: Generic Belkin

My internet would work 100% when the modem was connected to a router and traffic was going to and from the router. When plugging the modem wired directly to PC/LAPTOP, only certain sites would work. I had IPv6 connectivity but no IPv4. This was a problem I suffered for years.

Solution:
I went to Control Panel/ Network and Internet / Network connections
Right click Ethernet, click properties.
Under Networking tab, scroll down to "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" click it and go to properties.
Click "Obtain an IP address automatically".

Click ok and close.
Right Click the Ethernet or your connection again and disable and re-enable the connection.

Thanks to everyone who shared this problem and helped to fix it.

New Poster

im having the same problem but im on a MAC and my router is the xfinity router that was supplied to me by the company... any help or if you need more details just let me know

New Poster

so i went to my sister thinking it was my MAC and not the xfinity but it works over there... so its definitely my wifi, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

New Poster

New poster here with the same issue. Thanks for the PM initiation instructions .. Hoping I can PM @ComcastJohnN and get my no ipv4 - only ipv6 issue straightened out with his assistance.
Official Employee

Hey all, 

If you're having issues with accessing ipv6/ipv4 specific websites, let me know. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

Regular Visitor

Please help  @ComcastJohnN , I had the same problem

Regular Visitor

Hi @ComcastKenF I seem to be having issues accessing ipv4 websites. I am a new poster and don't think I can PM you.
Official Employee

yangnan3, just responded to your message. 

Cyyang, will respond shortly! 

Ken

New Poster

Can only access some sites IPV4/IPV6 @ComcastJohnN or @ComcastChe can not pm yet.

Can only access some sites IPV4/IPV6 @ComcastJohnN or @ComcastChe can not pm yet.

if your able to pm me I can send you my mac address

I just got a new modem from Xfinity tech and after hooking it up I can only access very few sites. Can not log in to the modem to change anything. Or even go to wellfargo.com for banking