Community Forum

Can only access some sites IPV4/IPV6 megathread

Regular Visitor

Re: No IPv4, only IPv6 (Arris SBG6950AC2)

I am having the same issue.  How do I reach you via PM

Regular Visitor

NM - Sent you a PM with details.  I look forward to hearing from you  

New Poster

John, I am also having the issue of no IPV4 address assigned. Cannot get a 4GLTE CellSpot running without one. MB8600 modem. I will send MAC via PM. Thanks in advance. Robb

New Poster

Tx, PM sent. Appreciate the super quick response.

Regular Visitor

Re: Can only access some sites IPV4/IPV6 megathread

Same issue here. Pulling my hair out! Can't figure out how to PM ComcastJohn. Please help!
Silver Problem Solver

thedavis5 wrote:
Same issue here. Pulling my hair out! Can't figure out how to PM ComcastJohn. Please help
Maybe you can't see the "Send a message" link on the right side of the view you get when you click on his name.  Here is an example I captured of someone's link:

Send a Message.jpg
I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@thedavis5 wrote:
Same issue here. Pulling my hair out! Can't figure out how to PM ComcastJohn. Please help!

Hi @thedavis5

If you are a new user, you may not be able to PM employees directly. If you can't send a PM then tag @ComcastJohnN <-like that. He'll get a message that you tagged him. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the help! The Send Message button did ultimately pop. up. I sent you a PM @ComcastJohnN Smiley Happy
Regular Visitor

Can only connect to certain websites

So I been searching for answers online, asking all my tech friends, and have already spoken to a Comcast representative, and had received no actual help to no avail.

CSR gave me the run around to call Arris thinking it's a firewall issue that I can only access ipv6 websites and not ipv4. I'm seeing this is a common problem!

CSR could only reset a signal, and help me out with the most basic troubleshooting, and since I can connect to YouTube they said it's not a problem on their end. But I concur! I can only access ipv6 websites and not ipv4.

Someone please help me! Please and thank you!
Tags (2)
New Poster

@ComcastJohnN

I looked for a way to PM but did not see the "send message" on your profile (this is a new account).

Like all the folks in this thread I am also having the IPv4\6 issue where I only have partial internet access.

I'd be happy to provide whatever information I can! I have an ARRIS SBG7400AC2.

Hope to hear back!
New Poster

Having the same issue ...  IP V4 just stopped working on my network.  What is causing this?

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue as well with my SBG6700-AC but I cannot send private messages since I'm a new user. Can you help when you get a chance @ComcastJohnN ?
Regular Visitor

Hello,  

I believe I am having the same problem using an Arris SBG6400.  The internet was activated on Friday 10/5 and when I ran a IPv4 and IPv6 test online it showed only IPv6 sites were going through.  I would appreciate any assistance!  Thank you!!

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: No IPv4, only IPv6 (Arris SBG7580-AC

Good evening, I have the same issue. Wrong Mac address given at provisioning now no IPv4. Tier 2 told me it's because Comcast does not support IPv4 any more and tried to dismiss me. I would not let him off the hook that easily though, so they put me on hold, then said they would call me back. This seems like such a common issue I don't see how they aren't trained to identify and remedy this situation. Can I please get this fixed by someone who actually knows what's going on. Its been almost 3 days. Thanks so much!
Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem as well. Will send info needed via pm. Thanks in advance for the help.
Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Im having the same issue where the wrong Mac address was given at sign up Wan instead of HFC

so I can only access IPv6 sites. (except if I do a factory reset, I can access any site for about a minute)

Just spent a few hours on phone with customer service who tell me to call Arris

I know it's not advised but here's my Mac address:  *********EDCC1 

edit: obscured Mac Address and sent a PM (note: it was frustrating not being able to send a PM, you cant send one until you make at least 1 post)

Tags (1)
New Poster

Having the same problem. Will pm you @ComcastJohnN 

New Poster

Got a new Xfinity modem and can only access limited websites like many others in this thread. Kids cannot log on to online school portals to access homework assignments. Help!
Regular Visitor

@ComcastJohnN I am having the same issue all of the sudden please help

@ComcastJohnN
Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Hello,

@ComcastJohnN  

I'm having this same issue with my internet.  It happens every few months but usually stops after a few days.  However this current stretch has lasted around 2 weeks! Smiley Sad   Could you please PM me so I can send you my MAC address and any other infomation you might need.  I tried to PM you myself but, of course, it won't allow me to do this.  Thanks for your time and look forward to hearing abck from you!

-Rick

Tags (1)
New Poster

Arris SBG7580-AC Connection Problems - Calling @ComcastJohnN

@ComcastJohnN I was directed to you by Louise at Xfinity Support out of Knoxville, TN after she was unable to resolve my issue. Like many other posters to the community forum, I have an Arris Surfboard SBG7580-AC gateway that I am unable to connect to the internet reliably. The device has been provisioned with its HFC MAC ID and I have checked through the router's admin that IP filtering is not enabled. Like other forum posters, I can access IPv6 sites (Google, Facebook, Apple) but cannot access IPv4 sites. Can you or anyone else on this forum provide assistance? Thanks in advance for your help.

Regular Visitor

Only able to access some sites

Hi, suddenly from today 10.30 I’m only able to access some websites (google, Facebook, Netflix) but not the vast majority. Seems like I have similar issue with previous posts: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet-Archive/Can-only-get-to-certain-websites/td-p/3075109
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet-Archive/Only-able-to-access-some-sites/td-p/3077881
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet-Archive/Only-have-access-to-certain-websites/td-p/3002968
Xfinity phone support didn’t do much except for reset the modem a couple of times which didn’t help. Can anyone help out?
New Poster

No Access to IPv4 with TP-LINK Archer CR700

I recently signed up for Comcast internet, but bought a certified Xfinity modem (TP-LINK Archer CR700) rather than renting one from Comcast. A technician came out to set up my service, and, while he was there, I checked to see if I could log onto my Gmail account, which I had no issue doing. However, after he had left, I attempted to go to some of my banking websites and continued to come across the issue that the sites could not be reached. Certain websites (Google/YouTube/Facebook/LinkedIn/Netflix) I have no problem accessing, but others (Robinhood/Wells Fargo/Xfinity/ESPN) I continue to get a time out error. I also tried using my phone while connected to the WiFi, but none of my apps that require internet will refresh/load. Poking around online (using phone data rather than WiFi), I found some information where others were experiencing a similar issue. I finally logged in as admin into my local IP address (192.168.1.1) and found that under my IPv4, my IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Primary DNS, and Secondary DNS were all listed as N/A. I believe this is the root problem, but I am unsure why. I've called both TP-LINK and Comcast technical support and both have blamed the other for the issue, so I'm currently at a loss. My last resort is using this post to @ComcastJohnN in the hopes he sees this and knows how to fix it. Thanks in advance for any additional help.

Official Employee

Re: No Access to IPv4 with TP-LINK Archer CR700

@taytay5000 wrote:

I recently signed up for Comcast internet, but bought a certified Xfinity modem (TP-LINK Archer CR700) rather than renting one from Comcast. A technician came out to set up my service, and, while he was there, I checked to see if I could log onto my Gmail account, which I had no issue doing. However, after he had left, I attempted to go to some of my banking websites and continued to come across the issue that the sites could not be reached. Certain websites (Google/YouTube/Facebook/LinkedIn/Netflix) I have no problem accessing, but others (Robinhood/Wells Fargo/Xfinity/ESPN) I continue to get a time out error. I also tried using my phone while connected to the WiFi, but none of my apps that require internet will refresh/load. Poking around online (using phone data rather than WiFi), I found some information where others were experiencing a similar issue. I finally logged in as admin into my local IP address (192.168.1.1) and found that under my IPv4, my IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Primary DNS, and Secondary DNS were all listed as N/A. I believe this is the root problem, but I am unsure why. I've called both TP-LINK and Comcast technical support and both have blamed the other for the issue, so I'm currently at a loss. My last resort is using this post to @ComcastJohnN in the hopes he sees this and knows how to fix it. Thanks in advance for any additional help.

@taytay5000, please send me a private message with the HFC MAC from your modem and I'd be happy to take a look.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

@ComcastJohnN Hi I have the same issue and post a message yesterday. Can you help out?

Official Employee

@constance2587 wrote:

@ComcastJohnN Hi I have the same issue and post a message yesterday. Can you help out?

@constance2587 Yes. Please send me a private message with the HFC MAC from your modem and I'll take a look.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi, taytay5000 - Thank you for posting your question in our community! I can help you with your modem issue, could you please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement? Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

New Poster

Hi john I am having this issue with my business account. Where I can only access certain websites.
Silver Problem Solver

@Nmehta492 wrote:
Hi john I am having this issue with my business account. Where I can only access certain websites.

Business accounts have a different user forum.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

@Nmehta492 wrote:

Business accounts have a different user forum.

Located here;

https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Hello @ComcastJohnN I am having this same problem. I spoke to a Tier 2 Customer Support person at Comcast who tried to reprovision my modem with no luck. We also checked the modem address.
New Poster

Hello @ComcastJohnN I desperately need your help. Its been almost two months and I've had the no- IPv 4 connection problem. I've called Comcast numerous times and they've tried reprovisioning my modem with no luck on several ocassions ... Please help!
Regular Visitor

No ipv4 only ipv6 issue

I'm just writing this because I can't send a message until I've posted something on the forum from what I've been reading. 

Thanks everyone who gave the information needed to resolve this. 

Update - Yes I was immediately able to send a message as described here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Can-only-access-some-sites-IPV4-IPV6-megathread/td-p...

After I had created my 1st forum post. 

New Poster

Ipv4 No connectivity, looking for the help of ComcastJohnN

as the title says, I am not able to get any ipv4 connectivity on any of my computers, oddly phones work completely fine but laptops and destops are a NO GO. Heard @ComcastJohnN is the best at this issue! would love to talk to him or anyone else who can fix this for me. I’ve tried every other trick in the book, basically my last ditch effort here.
Regular Visitor

Re: Ipv4 No connectivity, looking for the help of ComcastJohnN

I am having the same issues. @ComcastJohnN
New Poster

SVG2482AC DHCPv4 not working

John,

I read a post of yours regarding dhcp v4 not working on hard wired ports and confirmed comcast has the correct CMAC.  I am lost for what to do next.  

C0A00DC43616

New Poster

Things people are most afrid of:

1. Public speaking

2. Having to call Comcast

7. Death

I think we should reverse #2, #7.

New Poster

Having same issue where I can't PM due to being new forum user.

Silver Problem Solver

@Richsaur wrote:

Having same issue where I can't PM due to being new forum user.

Try again; posting for the first time sometimes enables it.

New Poster

Hi 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Brandon

New Poster

IPv6/IPv4 Issue

I'm completely new to these forums, however I'm having the same issue with my Arris SBG7580. Everything I've read says that you can help. Are you available too? @ComcastJohnN

New Poster

Re: IPv6/IPv4 Issue

I am having the same issue as well with certain sites not working unless I use a VPN program. I already switch out my Comcast router with a new one. It works for a week then return. I now have Netgear CM400 that worked for a few days only for the issue to comeback.

Regular Visitor

Ipv4 Webwites Not working only ipv6

Hello.
I recently activated my Xfinity equipment put it looks like I am only able to access ipv6 website (Google, Facebook...)

I spoke to many technicians without any success. Could somebody help ? Comcastjohn maybe ?

Thanks. H
Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

delete please.

delete please.