Need help with only IPV4 sites not working, thanks
Posters are not allowed to PM anyone without being asked to PM them.
I will transfer your post for better help.
I need help and can’t PM anyone, I have ipv6 but not ipv4 @ComcastJohn @ComcastChe
Hi, I am new comcast user. I am trying to use xfinity internet during last two days and faced with the problem as everyone faced here.
Yeah, I have a problem with ipv4 websites.
ipv6 youtube.com, google.com - always works.
But ipv4 like walmart.com, xfinity.com and many others sometimes they work, but most of the time they do not work. It is really unusable =c
You can start filling order forms and then.. site can not be reached. At least I have mobile hotspot =c
Hey, I also recently got xfinity installed at my home with the modem they provided.
For some reason my windows machine is having problems accessing IPv4 sites but IPv6 enabled sites work fine.
So, I guess we pray to @ComcastJohnN for help? Can't send PMs as I'm a new user right now
This problem is only occurring on my Windows machine. my iphone is able to connect to wifi and use it just fine.
Greetings, Browserz, Mercedes99, lungesoft, soupoftheday, alexrmason! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear you all are running into this issue as well. We would like to look further into this for you. Can you please send us a PM with your first and last names so we may further assist you?
To send a private message, please click my name "Comcast_Support" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.
I am having the same problem. Also a new poster. All was fine from July to the end of August. Shutdown my PC over Labor Day and have not been able to access IPV4 since. From my XFINITY phone app, it looks like the CMAC address has become the modem serial number. Support has restarted my modem countless times to no result.
Help please @ComcastJohnN !
Ok I have a Meraki MX67 which requires IPv4 and doesn't support IPv6. I had an XB6 which worked great. Swtiched to an SB8200 which also worked great so I didn't need to pay $13 a month.
A month after getting it I increased my internet speed and the rep did something with the firmware (their words) and since then I've had nothing but issues. The SB8200 worked with my Mac but I can see I get an IPv6 address and like 5 minutes later I get an IPv4 address. I was able to fix it one time by calling in to support and having them remove the modem from my account and then hang up and then manually re add it back. 3-4 months later with no issues and last night our power went out and when it came back on same issue as before no IPv4 address. I spent forever on the phone with Support trying to explain why I needed an IP address and I wasn't getting one with DHCP. Support said I didnt need an IP address to use the internet and asked if I was gaming. Anyways I went to the store and gor an XB6 to get up and running.
One more thing before the "firmware" change my privioning mode in the log was IPv4 now the SB8200 says its IPv6 only. I'm wondering if this is the issue.
Having this issue for a few weeks now... Renewing the DHCP lease resets things but it's getting more frequent and very annoying...