Community Forum

Can only access some sites IPV4/IPV6 megathread

Regular Visitor

Re: Can only access some sites IPV4/IPV6 megathread

Reply so I can PM Comcast John. I’ve had xfinity WiFi for 2 months, and all of the sudden most sites beyond google are unreachable on any device (2 different phones, 2 laptops, and my Xbox all have the same connection issues). This makes me believe there’s an issue with IPv4. On one reply, John said that this is usually now a issue due to the user, but I don’t recall doing anything. I can’t access my school website and it’s finals... help!
Regular Visitor

Ipv4 issue on XB6 modem

I am having an issue connecting to any website that isn't ipv6. My modem is an xb6, it is provisioned on the correct CMAC address and I'm at a loss for how to correct this. 

HELP!

Regular Visitor

Re: Ipv4 issue on XB6 modem

Having the same problem

@ericlib87 wrote:

I am having an issue connecting to any website that isn't ipv6. My modem is an xb6, it is provisioned on the correct CMAC address and I'm at a loss for how to correct this. 

HELP!

Expert

Click Connection > XFINITY Network

Does it show the gateway receiving both IPv4 and IPv6 configuration?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Yes both layers have IP addresses,

WAN IP Address (IPv4)

WAN Default Gateway Address (IPv4)

WAN IP Address (IPv6):

WAN Default Gateway Address (IPv6)

All have addresses

Expert

Since it does show the correct CM-MAC, basically try calling in and see if they can have the modem be scrapped and re-added to provision.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

IPv4 issues

@ComcastJohnN or another Comcast person please help. I know you say Comcast has "fixed" this issue and is corrected remotely, but after going back and forth with tier 1 and 2 support, I am not sure where to go from here.

I can access sites like google, and xfinity, but I cant access other common sites like amazon or msn.

I'm going to pull my hair out if someone asks me to reboot or factory reset my gateway again unless there's a really good reason.

My gateway is not receiving an IPv4 WAN IP, but does have an IPv6 WAN address.(screenshot below)

Please halp!

Capture.JPG

New Poster

Re: IPv4 issues

I guess it didnt upload the picture correctly, so I've copy and pasted it below.

Also as a premise, I exchanged my gateway for a new one over the weekend. The old one was working, but the new one is not (well, it works only for IPv6 sites like Google and Xfinity).

XFINITY Network

Internet: Active
Local time: 2019-12-05 17:26:18
System Uptime: 4 days 3h: 55m: 51s
WAN IP Address (IPv4): 0.0.0.0
WAN Default Gateway Address (IPv4):
WAN IP Address (IPv6): 2001:558:6045:8:c55e:3ff4:346e:575c
WAN Default Gateway Address (IPv6): fe80::201:5cff:fe6c:2646
Delegated prefix (IPv6): 2601:644:4200:426::/64
Primary DNS Server (IPv4):
Secondary DNS Server (IPv4):
Primary DNS Server (IPv6): 2001:558:feed::1
Secondary DNS Server (IPv6): 2001:558:feed::2
WAN Link Local Address (IPv6): fe80::4af7:c0ff:fec4:3b2a
DHCP Client (IPv4): Enabled
DHCP Client (IPv6): Enabled
DHCP Lease Expire Time (IPv4): 0d:0h:0m
DHCP Lease Expire Time (IPv6): 3d:3h:39m
WAN MAC: 48:F7:C0:C4:3B:2A
Regular Visitor

No Ipv4 connection just Ipv6

Hi! Can someone help me?! I got a new computer and when I tried to connect to the internet and it connects to the WiFi but I’m not getting an ipv4 address only ipv6. What other information do you need?
New Poster

Re: Can only access IPv6 not IPv4 Help

I have the same problem and would love some help. I’ve called Comcast and had technicians come but again, all they do is restart the router. Nothing helps and I only get a ivp6 addresses and no ivp4 address and the router won’t show on my TCP/ip tab on my iMac. Even after doing a hard reset. Please pv me! Thanks
Wyattcj
Highlighted
New Poster

No Ipv4 on wifi

So a few months back, randomly, all of my wifi connected devices could not reach particular websites. It was spotty and could be replicated on every device. I thought maybe it was an ios problem on my laptop and phone but then I was also getting the issue on my windows devices. As an example, bungie.net would load fine but bungiestore.com would hang and give me a site cant be reached error. I managed to bandaid the problem by using the cloudflare 1.1.1.1 app on my mobile devices. I thought maybe it was a dns issue but I could not fix it regardless of what I tried. So today i stumbled across a older post about missing ipv4 and only having ipv6 available for wifi, thus not being able to reach those sites that use ipv4. I'm wondering if the information in that forum post about the gateway being provisioned with the wrong MAC address or it being provisioned not as a CPE device may apply to me and be the root of my issues or if I have an issue thats entirely my own. Any help would be appreciated and as I am new to the forum hopefully i'll have any info needed.   @ComcastJohnN you were listed alot in that post so I figured id tag you. Thanks all for the help.

New Poster

Re: No Ipv4 on wifi

Hi @ComcastJohnN I'm having the same issue as people in this thread where many of my devices suddenly stopped loading ipv4 web sites.  Customer support has not been helpful at all. A tech is coming tomorrow but it sounds like he won't be able to help either.  Can I send you my mac address/es?

New Poster

No IPv4 After Switching Modems

@ComcastJohnN or @ComcastChe

I need help here.  I attempted to switch from the leased Xfinity gateway over to my own modem.  Once the tech rep activated my modem I was only able to browse IPv6 sites.  I went through a couple tiers of tech support before getting a supervisor who said it was an Arris problem and that the modem was defective.  After contacting Arris and as expected being told it was indeed a Comcast issue I took to modem to my lab and connected it to my CMTS and pulled IPv4/IPv6 with no problem.  Back at home I reconnected the modem and called again and had the same issues.  I ended up reverting back to my Xfinity gateway leaving my modem connected to another drop as requested while "someone" looks into it.  Interesting issue is that once I moved back to the Xfinity gateway I only have IPv4 and no IPv6 while my modem is still up with IPv6 and no IPv4.  Prior to the change I had both on the Xfinity gateway.

Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue on the IPV4 vs IPV6.  Here is the weird thing.  I'm getting an IPV4 and IPV6 for some devices, but not others.  I have one macbook pro that isn't showing an IPV4 and one iphone 7 that isn't showing one.  However, I have two other iphone 7s that are working fine.  

I've had two technicians come to my house.  I'm actually on hold now with a person at Comcast who seems to have no clue how to help me.  This is maddening.  @ComcastJohn seems to be the guy to talk to about this.  How do I fix this?  

Regular Visitor

Wait, new post.  I think I need @ComcastJohnN  to help me with my IPV4 vs. IPV6 problem.  Some devices in my home get both and two devices don't get an IPV4.  I'm currently on hold with Comcast.  I tried to explain the situation to the person on the phone and she seems clueless on how to help me.  

Regular Visitor

I am just posting here because I was told the software for the forums won't allow direct messages until I've made my first post. I seem to be running into the standard issue of having IPv6 but not IPv4 working and want to PM @ComcastJohnN  for help

Regular Visitor

To clarify, I have multiple devices, none of which are getting IPV4 addresses and I only have IPV6 DNS servers listed on my computer and my iPad (which does not have cellular service).  From my computer and my iPad I can get to some web sites (e.g., google maps, wikipedia), but not others (e.g. Amazon.com and my bank). I do not have any equipment other than the Arris voice + data modem supplied by Comcast (no wifi extender, router, etc.).   I have not made any changes in what is physically connected to my Arris modem.  I rebooted the Arris modem.  Web filtering is not present on my machines and parental control is confirmed not the issue.  I am being assisted by my daughter and son in law who have gone through every other step listed in this thread, but after almost a week of detailed research, we have determined we need Comcast expert assistance.  I have the CMAC address of my modem and can send that information in a private message  as appropriate. From this thread, I understand @ComcastJohnN is the expert whose help I need please.  Thank you!

Official Employee

Re: No Ipv4 on wifi

Hello @bdiamond4 and others experiencing this issue. Thanks for using the Xfinity Forums. I'd be happy to help investigate and troubleshoot. To get started, send a private message with your first and last name as it appears on your account? To send a private message, click on "ComcastChe” and then click “send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I need help. I am experiencing the issues described here. I can’t send a PM because I’m a new member of the forums or something. @ComcastJohnN @ComcastChe
Official Employee

@Kthdavis wrote:
I need help. I am experiencing the issues described here. I can’t send a PM because I’m a new member of the forums or something. @ComcastJohnN @ComcastChe

Hi @Kthdavis

Thanks for reaching out. Now that you have created a public post, your PM abilities should be enabled. I'd be happy to help. Please send me a PM with your first and last name so I can access your account.  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Re: No IPv4 After Switching Modems

Hi @Pat2Kewl

Thanks for sharing the details of your experience. I had a chance to review your PM and account. I had a few more questions and would be happy to investigate further. Chat with you soon. 

New Poster

I appear to be having this issue. Making a post so I can make a PM - @ComcastJohnN @ComcastChe
Official Employee

@Carlymr wrote:
I appear to be having this issue. Making a post so I can make a PM - @ComcastJohnN @ComcastChe

Thanks for creating a new post. Sorry for the experience you're having. I'd be happy to help troubleshoot to get this resolved. Chat with you soon. 

Official Employee

Thanks for letting me know your issue has been resolved @Carlymr. Feel free to contacts us if you need assistance in the future. Take care! Smiley Happy 

Regular Visitor

Re: No Access to IPv4 with TP-LINK Archer CR700

I think I have similar issue with the same model, can anybody help?

Official Employee

Hi @lijieyu2012

Sorry for the experience you're having. I can most certainly help get this resolved. Just send me a private message with your first and last name as it appears on your account? To send a private message, click on "ComcastChe” and then click “send a message". 

Regular Visitor

My first posting so that I can get the ability to send a private message.

Regular Visitor

This issue has been resolved.  Thank You...

Official Employee

@DanaM wrote:

This issue has been resolved.  Thank You...

You're welcome! Thanks for allowing me to assist you. Happy Holidays. Take care. 

New Poster

Hi,

@ComcastChe I am also only able to reach IPv6 sites. I'm posting a message so I can send you a direct message.

Thanks,

Sue

Official Employee

Hi @sueky! I've just received your private message and will be replying shortly so I can begin some troubleshooting on the backend of your account. 

Regular Visitor

@ComcastChe having the same issue. Posting so I can pm. Thanks.

New Poster

I am having the same issue.  I can access all websites on some devices but other devices are having trouble accessing websites such as amazon, reddit, twitter, twitch, etc.  I have had a comcast employee come in and change my modem today and the issue still persists.  Please help.

New Poster

@ComcastJohnN , @ComcastChe I am having the same problem too. On wireless devices I can access IPV6 (google.com, facebook.com, netflix.com, but not IPV4 websites (washingtonpost.com, etc.). I have an MTA and WAN MAC that I can PM you, please let me know.

Thanks

New Poster

@ComcastChe im also having said issue. I'll try to sent you a pm 

New Poster

I switched to comcast a week back and encountered so many issues.

First Wired speed. Technican have to come and fix  it from out side.

Some guests came yesterday and one person can't access few random sites. Some sites work fine.

Today that person try to connect to his work VPN service. Comast will not connect. When used hotspot from Mobile phone VPN Can connect fine.

When adding a new device to the network let's say iphone or ipad  they won't even conenct to internet.

I am posting this information so i can PM to experts in the forum. Hopefully i will be able to PM.

Regular Visitor

If you are having this issue, reach out to @ComcastJohnN or @ComcastChe

DO NOT PM THEM FOR GENERAL INTERNET ISSUES

Use one of these links to send a private message. Include you HFC MAC:

John: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/1125291

Che: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/6404918

If you are a new user and can't send a PM yet, make a post in this thread and tag them like this: @ComcastJohnN or @ComcastChe

Hello @ComcastJohnN  and @ComcastChe,

This is my first post/reply. My Internet connectivity has been extremely poor and unreliable since last week. I have tried resetting the router as well as flushing the DNS cache and releasing and renewing the addresses. Checking https://ipv6-test.com/ today indicates that IPv4 connectivity is again "Not supported", leading me to seek your expert assistance.

As a new poster, I am unable to PM you the HFC/WAN MAC directly.

Thank you!

New Poster

@ComcastChe @ComcastJohnN it appears my IPv6 is broken. I hope that is close enough to this thread to count. I can't figure out how to send one of you a message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Annotation 2020-01-03 101906.jpg

New Poster

Re: can't connect to IPv4 but I can connect to IPv6

I am having the same problem. I had a support rep reprovision my modem/router netgear C6250 with the CM MAC, which did not solve the problem. I also cannot find a way to DM you.

Thank you,

Tom 

New Poster

I'm helping someone out with what sounds like exactly this issue, he's using a Surfboard that he got from his son. This is going to be the public post and I'll PM with the account and MAC information from his cable modem sticker after I get that from him.

Regular Visitor

Re: No IPv4, only IPv6 (Arris SBG6950AC2)

Hello,

I’m not sure if I’m posting this to the right place or even if this is definitely what is wrong with my connection but I can only access a few sites and google links won’t open on any devices at home.
I also do not yet have access to PM on this app
@ComcastJohnN
Regular Visitor

Hi John, I see that it’s been a while since this thread was active but I am having the same issue. Will PM you.