Community Forum

Can only access some sites IPV4/IPV6 megathread

Expert

Re: How to enable private messaging?

@Stitch199 wrote:
Need help with only IPV4 sites not working, thanks

Posters are not allowed to PM anyone without being asked to PM them.

I will transfer your post for better help.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Guidelines/m-p/3115028#M1
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Acceptable-Use-Policy/m-p/2618379#M2

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Can only access some sites IPV4/IPV6 megathread

I need help and can’t PM anyone, I have ipv6 but not ipv4 @ComcastJohn @ComcastChe
Expert

@Browserz wrote:
I need help and can’t PM anyone, I have ipv6 but not ipv4 @ComcastJohn @ComcastChe

As mentioned before, sending unrequested PM's to anyone in the Forums is against the Guidelines and Acceptable Use Policy.  You can read our PM Policy here.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Modem losing ipv6 connection consistently

After an outage last Sunday, my internet had been having consistent issues. I have been on the phone every day this week trying to solve the issues and have had a technician out twice already. The have done rewiring outside and replaced my modem, but nothing is working. My Xbox is losing ipv6 connection every few minutes and kicking me off. I have tried troubleshooting both my modem and my Xbox many times. I’m not sure if it’s something going wrong, or if I just need to find a new company, but I’m tired of wasting my time and money for nothing to work.
Regular Visitor

@ComcastJohnN

Hi, I am new comcast user. I am trying to use xfinity internet during last two days and faced with the problem as everyone faced here.

Yeah, I have a problem with ipv4 websites.

ipv6 youtube.com, google.com - always works.

But ipv4 like walmart.com, xfinity.com and many others sometimes they work, but most of the time they do not work. It is really unusable =c

You can start filling order forms and then.. site can not be reached. At least I have mobile hotspot =c 

New Poster

Hey, I also recently got xfinity installed at my home with the modem they provided.

For some reason my windows machine is having problems accessing IPv4 sites but IPv6 enabled sites work fine. 

So, I guess we pray to @ComcastJohnN for help? Can't send PMs as I'm a new user right now Smiley Sad 

This problem is only occurring on my Windows machine. my iphone is able to connect to wifi and use it just fine. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Can only access IPv6 not IPv4 Help

I am having the same issue @ComcastJohn
Official Employee

Greetings, Browserz, Mercedes99, lungesoft, soupoftheday, alexrmason! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear you all are running into this issue as well. We would like to look further into this for you. Can you please send us a PM with your first and last names so we may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "Comcast_Support" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Hi, I am also having this same issue

Regular Visitor

I am so glad to see it’s bit just me! This has been driving me nuts. Like everyone else I seem to only have issues with IPv4. It’s preventing me from signing in to Steam and connecting my Nintendo Switch to the home network due to DNS errors. Please help me, I just signed up and can’t PM!
Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem. Also a new poster. All was fine from July to the end of August. Shutdown my PC over Labor Day and have not been able to access IPV4 since. From my XFINITY phone app, it looks like the CMAC address has become the modem serial number. Support has restarted my modem countless times to no result.

Help please @ComcastJohnN !

Frequent Visitor

SB8200 Can't get IPv4 Address

Ok I have a Meraki MX67 which requires IPv4 and doesn't support IPv6. I had an XB6 which worked great. Swtiched to an SB8200 which also worked great so I didn't need to pay $13 a month.

A month after getting it I increased my internet speed and  the rep did something with the firmware (their words) and since then I've had nothing but issues. The SB8200 worked with my Mac but I can see I get an IPv6 address and like 5 minutes later I get an IPv4 address. I was able to fix it one time by calling in to support and having them remove the modem from my account and then hang up and then manually re add it back. 3-4 months later with no issues and last night our power went out and when it came back on same issue as before no IPv4 address. I spent forever on the phone with Support trying to explain why I needed an IP address and I wasn't getting one with DHCP. Support said I didnt need an IP address to use the internet and asked if I was gaming. Anyways I went to the store and gor an XB6 to get up and running.

One more thing before the "firmware" change my privioning mode in the log was IPv4 now the SB8200 says its IPv6 only. I'm wondering if this is the issue.

I'm hoping someone can help me fix the problem? I've spent hours on the phone with support being passed to department to department to deparment and none of them understand what a IPv4 Address is. All they do is keep rebooting my Modem.

Below is my current SB8200 firmware version.
Information
Standard Specification Compliant Docsis 3.1
Hardware Version 4
Software Version SB8200.0200.174F.311915.NSH.RT.NA
Regular Visitor

Same problem as outlined above. Have also called spent hours on phone with Customer Support where they can't understand that the problem is not with my laptop. Had one tech out who replaced modem which worked for a day, another tech coming out tomorrow but if there's a fix available remotely, I'd love to use that instead and save everyone time and money. 

@ComcastJohnN, are you still able to help out?

Thanks SO MUCH in advance! :-)
New Poster

IPv4 not working. Need your help @ComcastJohnN.
New Poster

Same issues as everyone else with sporadic connectivity. @ComcastJohnN....grateful for any assistance you may be able to provide.

New Poster

Having this issue for a few weeks now...  Renewing the DHCP lease resets things but it's getting more frequent and very annoying...

Highlighted
New Poster

I think I am facing similar problem. I can access website like netflix, gmail, amazon, and youtube. But, I cant access many others sites like Well Fargo. @ComcastJohnN@ComcastChe

Regular Visitor

Have the exact same issue in MAC please advise .

@ComcastJohnN @ComcastChe

New Poster

I am running into simillar issue. It happens almost two three times a day. Some sites works (like Google) but others don't. Most likley all IPv4 sites don't work. I am using Arries SBG6700-AC modem/router. 

New Poster

I've been around and around with tech support on this issue.  Twice now I've had level 1 support reset my modem (which fixes the issue) to then have level 2 support say they can't do anything because there's no problem.  Argh.  Finally they sent a repair guy out who said he knows nothing about IPv4 or IPv6 but did replace a couple old connectors and said everything looked fine.  But the problem persists.  However, it does seem to happen slightly less frequently, but that's only anecdotal.

Can someone please help here...  If only there was another option to Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

'm gettting: An error occurred during a connection to {site name}SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

A LOT

Tried

1 changing my pc to google DNS

2 combos of turnng off/on tls 1.0 /1.1/1.,2 ssl 3.0

how do i fix it, the exact same websites work for other people i know .

I tried to go to that same website on my cell using both wifi and my data plan. Data plan loaded the site, and wifi gave an ssl error. Leads me to thing that it is xfinity.

New Poster

Having the same issue as everyone else.

Google, YouTube, Facebook are loading.

Amazon and Reddit are not loading.

@ComcastJohnN @ComcastChe 
Can I sen you my MAC?

Regular Visitor

We are having the same issue as everyone else.

Google, YouTube, Facebook are loading.

Amazon, This Site, and many others are not loading (we are using a mobile hotspot to send this message).

@ComcastJohnN or @ComcastChe

Can you help?  I can't send you a PM directly, but we have the CM MAC number (router is a Netgear C7100V) we can pass along.

New Poster

Does anyone know the solution to not being able to access certain sites while using the Xfi router? They replaced it, same problem, duplicated to the tech, he's dumbfounded. My Netgear router was fine.

Regular Visitor

hi @ComcastJohnN or @ComcastChe,

I'm having issues with a laptop running Windows 10 connecting to the Xfinity router/modem.  I get IPV4 Connectivity: No Network access.  I have tried all other options suggested to fix.  No luck.

If I connect to another wifi (such as iPhone hotspot not connected to Xfinity router or wifi), laptop works just fine with all internet sites.   Once i connected to our home Xfinity Wifi or Lan, I can only get IPV6 internet.   

I have my CM MAC and MTA MAC ids.

Regular Visitor

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issues as others on the thread with no IPv4 connectivity. I've made to sure to set up my modem again with the CM-MAC and verified through status it's the correct MAC so I'm assuming I'm having the device identity issue.  I don't have a private msg icon but I read I need to be active on thread first. Can someone help me out? @ComcastJohnN or @ComcastChe

Thanks in advance! Jeff

Regular Visitor

I have no IPv4 connectivity on any device.

Hello,

I have tried speaking with an agent, I have reset my modem, comcast has reset my modem, I have checked to make sure my mac address is correct and I have tried multiple devices and still have no IPv4 connectivity (including iphone). Can someone help me remedy this?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

New Poster

I've been having a similar sounding issue for a long time @ComcastJohnN. I can't PM yet. But hopefully this will trigger an action that let's me do so.
I routinely, near constantly get drops in ipv4 traffic. Have changed just about all aspects of my setup and help call only reset my modem which made it work for 30 min. I can't stand it anymore.
New Poster

Hey there,

Thank goodness for this thread, I've been very frustrated the last 3 days over this issue. 

So I have a SBG10 modem router combo that I recently set up new out of the box. After becoming an xfinity customer I realized that sites like youtube worked but hardly any other sites would connect. Then I discovered that IPv6 was the only thing giving me internet. IPv4 is nonexistant, which explains why the other sites wouldn't work. Anyways, @ComcastJohnN or @ComcastChe , if you have time to help me I would greatly appreciate it. I'll be PMing you (if I can after this) a little later on with my HFC MAC. 

Thank you,

J

Regular Visitor

@ComcastJohnN  @ComcastChe 

I use an Xfinity wifi hotspot as my home internet (extended travel situation) and as of two days ago cannot access IPv4 sites, including my work server. I dont have access to the HFC MAC ID.

MAC address: 80:e6:50:15:19:ea

I've tried resetting the wifi on my own computer, and have tried entering DNS server manually (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.6.6, as well 75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76) without success. Please let me know if you can help, I really appreciate it.

New Poster

I'm experiencing this issue as well. Can't access any ipv4 sites. I signed up for Xfinity around a month ago and haven't been able to get this issue resolved through their support. I have a Netgear CM1150V. I've tried just about everything I can think of. I tried using it by directly plugging into the modem instead of going through a router, and in that case the modem doesn't provide dhcp itself so I set my laptop to a static ip on the same network the modem is on (192.168.100.0) and then assign the modem's ip as my laptop's default gateway. It pretty much results in the same behavior as when I'm using a router.

I've tried factory resetting my modem a ton of times. I saw on a messageboard one guy said he dida factory reset while the coax connection was unplugged and he said that fixed it for him so I tried that a few times with no luck.

I see that the MAC address issue was apparently fixed but that's about the only thing that makes sense to me as to what the issue could possibly be, so any help from @ComcastJohnN or anyone else would be greatly appreciated.

@ComcastJohnN

Expert

@robotelbow wrote:

I have a Netgear CM1150V. I've tried just about everything I can think of. I tried using it by directly plugging into the modem instead of going through a router, and in that case the modem doesn't provide dhcp itself so I set my laptop to a static ip on the same network the modem is on (192.168.100.0) and then assign the modem's ip as my laptop's default gateway..

FWIW, this is not a fix for your issue. Anyway, you don't have to do that. You just have to power-cycle the modem each and every time that you change the device that is being connected to it in order for that device to be able to gain internet access.