Community Forum

Can only access some sites IPV4/IPV6 megathread

Official Employee

Re: Recently changed modem. Only certain websites work

Hi sarasasiva99. Since I didn't get a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send a private message if you continue to need help with this, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

No IPV4, only IPV6 working

No IPV4, only IPV6 working. Is there any chance that you can help me with this issue as well? @ComcastJohnN
Regular Visitor

Re: Can only access some sites IPV4/IPV6 megathread

I can only access IPV6 my IPV4 states no internet Access.  IPV6 states internet.  @ComcastJohnN

New Poster

WiFi open no internet

Hp about 4 yrs old. Used prepaid int from Xfinity. Worked ok for about a month. Haven't worked since. Said ivp6 is my only option. No ipv4.can you help?

@ComcastJohnN 

Official Employee

Re: WiFi open no internet

Whatnow2, have you ensured there is a balance still available on your prepaid account? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

@ComcasrJohn, I can access to IPv6 sites (LinkedIn.com) only since last Saturday. None of the IPv4 sites (such as amazon.com) are working. I have Arris TG1682G modem. I could only see WAN MAC and MTA MAC at the bottom of the modem. How do I get the HFC MAC? Thanks so much for helping!
Expert

The "WAN" MAC is the HFC MAC.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Re: can't connect to IPv4 but I can connect to IPv6

@ComcastJohnN I am having this same issue. Can you please help!
Regular Visitor

@ComcastJohnN @ComcastChe

Posting here so I can PM you.
New Poster

IPv6 Issue

@ComcastJohnN I think I'm having the issue that others experience with having only an IPv6 address. I can send you my MAC but I didn't see how I can send you a private message. Can you help with this?

Thank you!

New Poster

Re: IPv6 Issue

same problem here

New Poster

Re: IPv6 Issue

@ComcastJohn, I seem to be having the same problem. Just cropped up this afternoon, was working fine earlier today. I tried to PM, but I couldn't (probably because I've never posted)
New Poster

I've started having this issue over the last few days @ComcastJohnN or @ComcastChe.

Can y'all give me some help?

Thanks,

Don

Regular Visitor

I also cannot access IPV4 sites, YouTube, Google searches, etc. still work. @ComcastJohnN  @comcastche

Regular Visitor

@ComcastChe  not sure why the tag didn't work in my initial post

New Poster

I am having same problem @ComcatJohnN
New Poster

I am having same problem @ComcastJohnN
Official Employee

Hello All, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I would be more than happy to further assist you with this connecting to IPv6 issue. Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

New Poster

No IPv4 only IPv6 - Customer Service Won't Acknowledge

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help!  Speed tests reveal we do not have IPv4 but do have IPv6 connectivity - we recently had our modem replaced to try to solve this, however the new modem has the same problem.  This leads me to believe there is another issue, but customer support wants to replace our modem again and will not acknowledge this as an issue.

I have seen on the forums other people have had the same issue and fixes are possible - can anyone help or advise?  Many thanks!

Michael

Regular Visitor

@ComcastJohnN or @ComcastChe

So since nearly 24 hours now, I can only access "youtube-google" ~ discord, pinterest & nearly all other sites give me an error ~Address Could Not Be Found~ can someone help me ? 

Official Employee

Hello @Emiliaa, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm sorry to hear that you are only able to connect to certain websites, I would be more than happy to further assist you with this. I have responded to your private message if you could please get back to me at your earliest convenience. 

New Poster

Regular Visitor

No ipv4, only ipv6 with Motorola MT7711

New customer here, trying to move from another provider.  In the process of moving I ordered a Motorola MT7711 from Amazon and a self-install kit for the TV from Xfinity. 

I setup the modem when it arrived, which went without a hitch.  At which time I had access to both ipv4 and ipv6 sites.  However, 2 days later, when I decided to switch the phone line to Xfinity, I lost all access to ipv4 sites, but still maintained access to ipv6 sites.

Technical support is stating that this is a modem firmware problem and Motorola is stating it is an Xfinity problem.  Technical support at Xfinity is suggesting that they are limited in what they can do because I own the modem, rather than renting one from Xfinity.  I have requested evevation to teir 2, but since the tests indicate everything is okay, they can't create a ticket.

Can anyone help, or do I really need to rent a modem from Xfinity?

Regular Visitor

Re: No ipv4, only ipv6 with Motorola MT7711

Can @ComcastJohnN or @ComcastChe take a look at this problem?

New Poster

Re: Can only access IPv6 not IPv4 Help

@ComcastJohnN or @ComcastChe i need help i can only access IPv6 i can't access IPv4

New Poster

i need help no IPv4 only IPv6

i try accessing some websites and i only see this message IPv4 Only please help

Official Employee

Hi all, 

Please send me a private message with your full name if you need assistance with the iPV6 issue stated on this thread. 

Ken

Official Employee

Can @ComcastJohnN or @ComcastChe take a look at this problem

millnerd, 

Got your request in privmate message. I'll follow up there. 

New Poster

Ipv4 No Internet access recurring issue

As stated in subject. Fairly regular issue seems to work itself out after I've exhausted all the normal inter interweb help videos. Lead me here and it seems like @ComcastJohnN can help. Hoping so
Regular Visitor

I need help with this issue! I’m having difficulty sending a private message.

@ComcastJohnN
@ComcastKenF
Silver Problem Solver

@gwhay wrote:
I need help with this issue! I’m having difficulty sending a private message.

@ComcastJohnN
@ComcastKenF

The link is on the right of the profile and someitmes it is too dark to see.Send a message-3.jpb.jpg

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@RobertWy 

AFAIK, new posters need to make a certain number of posts before the PM feature gets enabled,  unless the particular employee that is being messaged allows / enables it for the customer first.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

gwhay, I got your private message regarding your website issues. I'll follow up there. 

New Poster

Website works on cellular, but not my router Re: Can only access IPv6 not IPv4 Help

@ComcastJohnN Not sure if this is related to the IPv4 vs IPv6 issue, but a website will load fine on my phone when using cellular data, but when using my home router it is jumbled and note very usable (the site is there, just not organized).  What's causing this?

J

New Poster

@ComcastJohnN  Having the same issue. IPv6 works fine, when I try to use IPv4 it will often assign an IP but I won't be able to visit any sites.

I'm not entirely sure where to find my HFC MAC address. I only see MTA MAC and WAN MAC on the bottom of the modem.

I appreciate any help!

Expert

@cecily2 wrote:

I only see MTA MAC and WAN MAC on the bottom of the modem.

The "WAN" MAC is the one you want.

New Poster

Help! I can only use certain web sites! Custumer support from xfinity is only sending me in loops. @ComcastJohnN
New Poster

Re: No IPv4, only IPv6 (Arris SBG6950AC2)

I am experiencing a similar issue when I was trying to connect to the xfinity wifi with my Macbook and iPhone. I have been using xfinity wifi near my room but it suddenly stops working today. 

@ComcastJohnN do you know how to fix it?

Regular Visitor

I'm having this problem with a Wifi on Demand public hotspot, so I can't connect to the modem to fix it. Help, I need a tech/engineer who can fix this remotely!
Official Employee

Hello, cecily2. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear you are having issues with trying to visit sites based on your IP version. I can certainly look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

New Poster

@ComcastJohnN

Having trouble with only one device of several, but one laptop can't talk to IPv4 while the other laptop and various mobile devices don't seem to be having any difficulty.

Official Employee

Hi @sme6

We apologize for the experience you're having. I've replied to your private message and would like to help get this resolved. Please reply at your earliest convenience and we can go from there. Chat with you soon. 

New Poster

I am having this same issue, and phone support seems to be very confused about the issue. It's been about two days. Any luck fixing it?

Official Employee

Greetings, ripcity1988! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear you are having these issues with the IPv4/IPv6. I can certainly take a look into this for you and see what could be going on. Feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Regular Visitor

No IPV4, only IPV6 working

@ComcastJohnN or @ComcastChe

I'm only able to access ipv6and have no connectivity on ipv4 on all devices . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regular Visitor

I am having this issue @ComcastJohnN or @ComcastChe.
Regular Visitor

Ipv4 not working/ipv6 limited web access

Can someone please assist? I have tried everything from flushing dns to disabling firewalls to power cycling and my desktop will not connect via IPV4 and only a hand full of websites work via ipv6. I am hard wired via ethernet.
Regular Visitor

Re: Ipv4 not working/ipv6 limited web access

I have tried replying in previous threads regarding this and sent direct messages but I have not received a response.

I also have spent hours on the phone with tech support and they were not aware of this issue.
Official Employee

Hi @RichardFoss

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forum. I'd be more than happy to help investigate the cause of your issue. I had the chance to review and reply to your private message. Can you please verify the requested information so I can begin to investigate? 

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having the same issue, can only get an IPv6 address on my new modem. Got a new Motorola MB7420 after my other modem blew up in a storm. Phone support is useless, they say the modem is online but web access is not working and in the modem I can see I am only getting an IPv6 address. Everyone says to message @ComcastJohnN or @ComcastChe but I can not seem to send private messages. @ComcastJohnN or @ComcastChe can you please help? I am desperate!