Community Forum

Can not access specific website from any Xfinity network

New Poster

Can not access specific website from any Xfinity network

Hi all! This is my first post, so please let me know if I'm doing it wrong. Smiley Happy

A friend and I can not access her website: http://bestofbothdesign.com. We have tried from several Xfinity networks and multiple devices and every time the connection times out. The site works fine on every other network tested.

I ran a traceroute (results attached). I've contacted the web host support team (Atspace) and they claim that Xfinity is the source of the problem. I've contacted Xfinity support and they claim it is not an issue on their end.

Not sure what to do at this point. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

bobd.jpg
Expert

Re: Can not access specific website from any Xfinity network

Hi @ratslayer

I was able to duplicate your issue. I can not connect to your website on Comcast's network, but I can on Verizon's network. The most likely issue is that your free web host is the source of phishing scams or other nefarious websites and thus have been blocked for security reasons. Give these folks a call:

Customer Security Assurance 

• Business Hours: 6:00am - 2:00am EST, 7 days a week

If they can't fix this for you, let me know.

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Diamond Problem Solver

New Poster

Super late reply, but thank you for your very helpful answer. I did not know this is a free host. I'll opt for the easy approach of transferring somewhere else.