Community Forum

Can I control which network my WPS directs a wireless device to?

New Poster

Can I control which network my WPS directs a wireless device to?

I have 2 wifi network assigned coming from my wireless modem. When I have visitors that wants to temporarily connect to my wifi, I press my WPS button so they can easily access my wifi BUT, I dont want them to just randomly connect to any of the 2 network. How can I assign wps connected wireless device to a specific network only

Expert

Re: Can I control which network my WPS directs a wireless device to?

Can you be more specific as to what network setup you have?

If you refer to the 2.4 GHz and the 5GHz wireless bands, some routers DO allow you to select which band WPS connects to, but others confine you to the 2.4 GHz network only.

If you're referring to a separate network or subnet (such as an additional "Guest" network) aside from your main one, WPS lets you connect to your main network only. 

The Experts are regular customers who volunteer their time helping other customers on the Forums and have been recognized by the community. For more information on the Expert Program, please click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

@darkangelic...Yes its for my main network. (2.4 or 5 Ghz). How can i choose it to go to only 2.4Ghz? Thanks for the quick response

New Poster

@darkangelic...Yes its for my main network. (2.4 or 5 Ghz). How can i choose it to go to only 2.4Ghz? Thanks for the quick response